This game is about exploring a decrepit Amusement Park of Doom. Solve puzzles, search, collect, and uncover the story behind it. All the while, do all that you can to avoid the Monster Clown wandering the grounds.
Death Park contains examples of:
- Amusement Park of Doom: The setting of the game, naturally.
- Another Dimension: The sequel states that the clown's realm is this, mixed with Dream Land.
- Blackout Basement: Some areas are pitch-black without your flashlight, and even using it only gives you tunnel vision there.
- Broken Bridge: You come across a corridor that's missing a large part of its floor.
- Dream Land: The entire game takes place within Charlie's dreams, and the good ending involves him waking up.
- Extra Eyes: The monstrous clown has three eyes in the left side of its head.
- Heartbeat Soundtrack: One is played whenever you are hiding from the clown in a cupboard.
- Location Title: Death Park is the name of the Amusement Park of Doom that you're exploring.
- Locked Door: Like in many survival horror games, around half the doors are permanently locked to make it harder to dodge the clown and thus raise the tension.
- Meat Moss: The park itself starts off with its walls being "merely" copiously drenched in blood. Its lower levels are straight-up uniformly covered in wet flesh, however.
- Monster Clown: One stalks you throughout the game. He catches you, it's Game Over.
- Multiple Endings: Every action and decision you make effects the ending you get. Taken even further in the sequel, where a total of eight endings are possible based on various choices.
- Puzzle Boss: Eventually, The Clown is confronted at the circus arena, where you still cannot hurt him directly. However, there is an open mobile cage, and several levers near it. Making the clown run into the cage as he is chasing you, and then pulling the levers to close it traps him there, and that cage has a spiked ceiling as well...
- Scary Teeth: The Monster Clown has a mouth full of sharp teeth.
- Spikes of Doom: A rare example that benefits the player. Defeating the clown at the arena is a matter of locking him inside the mobile cage by pulling levers. Said cage has a spiked ceiling, which then crushes him.
Death Park 2 contains examples of:
- Actionized Sequel: Compared to the survival horror of the first game, the second game allows you access to more guns and weapons, and there are a number of monsters to fight with them.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: A brief bit of text in the prologue suggests that Charlie killed the Clown's brother in the first game, and now it wants revenge.
- Leaking Can of Evil: The clown's dimension is this, as various monsters have been pulled into the real world by the military's experiments and the clown itself wants to break out.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: The military's experiments with the clown's dimension caused severe nightmares to many of the residents of Farland, and eventually led to the monsters breaking free.