This game is about exploring a decrepit Amusement Park of Doom. Solve puzzles, search, collect, and uncover the story behind it. All the while, do all that you can to avoid the Monster Clown wandering the grounds.
Death Park contains examples of:
- Amusement Park of Doom: The setting of the game, naturally.
- Blackout Basement: Some areas are pitch-black without your flashlight, and even using it only gives you tunnel vision there.
- Broken Bridge: You come across a corridor that's missing a large part of its floor.
- Extra Eyes: The monstrous clown has three eyes in the left side of its head.
- Heartbeat Soundtrack: One is played whenever you are hiding from the clown in a cupboard.
- Location Title: Death Park is the name of the Amusement Park of Doom that you're exploring.
- Locked Door: Like in many survival horror games, around half the doors are permanently locked to make it harder to dodge the clown and thus raise the tension.
- Meat Moss: The park itself starts off with its walls being "merely" copiously drenched in blood. Its lower levels are straight-up uniformly covered in wet flesh, however.
- Monster Clown: One stalks you throughout the game. He catches you, it's Game Over.
- Multiple Endings: Every action and decision you make effects the ending you get.
- Puzzle Boss: Eventually, The Clown is confronted at the circus arena, where you still cannot hurt him directly. However, there is an open mobile cage, and several levers near it. Making the clown run into the cage as he is chasing you, and then pulling the levers to close it traps him there, and that cage has a spiked ceiling as well...
- Scary Teeth: The Monster Clown has a mouth full of sharp teeth.
- Spikes of Doom: A rare example that benefits the player. Defeating the clown at the arena is a matter of locking him inside the mobile cage by pulling levers. Said cage has a spiked ceiling, which then crushes him.