Dead End St. is a Tower Defense style game set in a Zombie Apocalypse. The goal is to guide a man named Brett and his pregnant wife Carley to a safe area by fighting through waves of Decayed and occasionally bosses. Some levels also have special objectives and side missions where players can earn upgrade points to mix things up a little.
Tropes found in this game include:
- Action Bomb: Bomber Decayed, which were equipped with explosive vests before they died.
- Boom, Headshot!: Hitting the Decayed in the head does bonus damage.
- 11th-Hour Superpower: Brett is given an RPG by a survivor doctor on the last level to help defeat the final siege of Decayed attacking Highland Park.
- Machete Mayhem: Brett has a machete for when the Decayed get too close.
- Molotov Cocktail: One of the more powerful grenade items. Once its fully upgraded it excels at crowd control and can burn through entire hordes in seconds.
- Not Using the "Z" Word: Everyone calls the infected creatures Decayed.
- Pregnant Badass: A few levels have Carley join her husband in fighting off a wave of the Decayed.
- Revolvers Are Just Better: A revolver is the highest tier of weapon available and has the best damage, even compared to the automatic weapons and shotguns.
- Sawed-Off Shotgun: One of the unlockable weapons is a sawed-off shotgun.
- Zombie Apocalypse: The goal is to fight through waves of zombies and make it to a safe area before your wife gives birth to your new baby.