Dark Train is a 2016 puzzle adventure game by Paperash Studio. It was released on 25 October 2016. Dark Train is described as an atmospheric adventure game with unconventional game mechanics.
Story of the game is told visually without spoken or written dialogue. The game centers on the eponymous Dark Train. It is the last creation of genius inventor D. W. Tagrezbung. The train was ordered by a mysterious client. The client wanted a functional model of human world but without humans. Tagrezbung worked on it by day and night an finally finished the job. The train consists of wagons and each wagon represents an environment on its own. Tagrezbung died on the day he finished the train. The story follows a mechanical ANN 2.35f on her journey to get Dark train to the Client
Dark Train provides examples of:
- Cliffhanger: The game ends when Dark Train leaves the town
- Dark World:
- Easter Egg: One of secret characters is Vladimír Kudělka, a friend of developers who created a game Rememoried.
- Evil Counterpart: Ann 2.35f meets one.
- The Hero Dies: The ending possibly means this.
- Horrifying Hero: Ann 2.35g might be this for some.
- Mechanical Lifeforms: The world inside of the Train is inhabited only by Mechanical creatures.
- Mechanical Monster: The game provides many examples. Even the protagonist can be qualified as this.
- Posthumous Character: D. W. Tagrezbung
- Threatening Shark: There is one moment when player can be killed.
- Title-Only Opening:
- Was Once a Man: Announced prequel reveals protagonist to be this.