Dark Sun Dome is a Multiplayer IRC (Internet Relay Chat) RPG based loosely on the IRC RPG Shadowmaster Chronicles, made by the same person.
Dark Sun Dome takes all of the story (Except in Mission Mode), all of the Plot, and all of the "boring" parts of most RPGs and tosses them into the trash, leaving nothing but the bloodshed, violence, and internet memes.
This page includes both tropes made in game and by the players in the chatroom the game takes place in, since both are considered at least partially canon to the game.
This Game Contains Examples Of:
- All There in the Manual: Somewhat. The site is currently undergoing a large update to classes, so presumably the "manual" will be expanded to include everything.
- And Knowing Is Half the Battle: Almost literally, since once you know the base strategies of a boss, the boss becomes SO MUCH EASIER to beat.
- This especially applies to bosses that use Vocal Cues to fight.
- Big "NO!": Particularly whenever Psidude 25 disco-dances in spandex.
- Butt-Monkey: Depending on the time of day, it could either be Jolt, Tobii, or Syth.
- Chekhov's Kill Sat
- Disc-One Nuke: The ability "Shield Attack" can be obtained by the player at Lv 5. If the player invests in DEF-Boosting Skill Points or Equipment, this can easily become a devastating ability.
- Combined with the fact that it also stuns the target, this can easily be filed under Game-Breaker.
- Guide Dang It!: Most of the game's base mechanics are either on the game's site, in its Wiki, or emailed to the player upon registration. Guess how often players ask about said mechanics?
- Love Triangle: JoltXTobiiXSwimming95.
- Magic Knight: All players can easily become one. In fact, it tends to be the preferred route.
- Paper Fan of Doom: DSD has one, and he recently even made a real life version of it.
- Running Gag: Many.
- Tifa Lockheart is 9001 times stronger than Chuck Norris
- Portia's hugs WILL KILL YOU.
- "How're things in Canukland, Torrigor?"
- "How're things in Yankeecentral, Psidude 25?"
- Psidude 25 Disco-Dancing in Spandex
- "Today the pool is filled with __________, Swimming 95"
- "ARE YOU READY FOR SCHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL?!"
- Although that one's more from the Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Series chatroom, since it occasionally comes up in the game, it applies.
- "Your/The _______ is now complete."
- Taken from many lines in the Star Wars Series as many things were completed
- Giving Syth crap about making a Wizard with no offensive spells
- Spell My Name with an "S": Firewoks. They are not FIREWORKS, but FireWOKS.
- Too Dumb to Live: Bottosai...everyone who was around when he first logged on knew it was only a matter of time before he was smited.