Dandy Ace is an isometric Roguelike Action RPG, similar to Hades, where you play the titular fabulous magician trying to defeat his rival, the Green-Eyed Magician, and free himself from a cursed mirror. The game was released in March 2021.
Dandy Ace provides examples of:
- The Ace: Dandy Ace, of course. He's one of the greatest stage magicians ever and absolutely amazing at everything he does. Even the Green-Eyed Magician seems to consider him as such.
- Bishie Sparkle: Ace is almost always drawn with these in close-ups.
- The Dandy: Dandy Ace, of course. He's frequently shown with a Bishie Sparkle, and is often less concerned about beating the Green-Eyed Magician and escaping the mirror than he is looking fabulous doing it.
- Death Dealer: Several of Dandy Ace's spells work by throwing cards for various effects; one of his most basic attacks straightforwardly uses them as projectiles.
- Green-Eyed Monster: The Green-Eyed Magician is, of course, both a figurative and literal example of this; the entire plot is driven by his envy of Ace.
- Magic Mirror: The setting of the game is a dimension within a cursed mirror that Dandy Ace and his assistants are trapped in.
- Polar Opposite Twins: Jolly Jolly and Jenny Jenny serve as a Red Oni, Blue Oni pair, which is also reflected by their differing hair colors.
- Protagonist Title: The game is named after Dandy Ace, its protagonist.
- Theme Twin Naming: Dandy Ace's assistants are twins named Jolly Jolly and Jenny Jenny.
- Tsundere: Many of the Green-Eyed Magician's lines imply he isn't immune to Ace's charm; even in the world he created to capture Ace, he also inserted himself as a mysterious stranger who helps him.
- Unknown Rival: The Green-Eyed Magician considered himself Ace's fearsome rival. When they first meet, Ace has no idea who he is and doesn't recognize the name.
- Unreliable Narrator: The intro is narrated by the antagonist, describing himself as a successful and universally beloved performer (as we see him getting booed off the stage amid Produce Pelting) and Ace as a pathetic loser who somehow usurped his popularity via trickery (as we see the handsome and dashing Ace, complete with Bishie Sparkle, taking the stage to massive applause).
- Villainous Crush: Several of the Green-Eyed Magician's lines hint at this, given how frequently he comments on how attractive Ace is.
- Worthy Opponent: The Green-Eyed Magician considers himself this to Dandy Ace. Ace, for his part, has no idea who Lele is.