DANCE aROUND is an arcade Rhythm Game developed by Konami as part of its BEMANI franchise. It is a motion-controlled dance game, using a pair of cameras and AI-based pose tracking technology. Similarly to Dance Central and Just Dance, moves in the routine are shown on cards scrolling across the top of the screen, while other motions (such as hand and feet positions) are marked with large, rectangular targets on-screen similarly to Dance Masters.
It was first released on March 3, 2022 in Japan.
This game provides examples of:
- Cover Version: A number of the licenses are these, even for several songs that had appeared as a master (i.e. "U.S.A.") on a previous BEMANI game.
- Scenery Porn: The cabinet is decked out with two "wings" of bright LED lights on the side, also meant to illuminate the player for the cameras, and a "vertical" monitor (in reality, constructed from three widescreen monitors in a stack)
- Secret Underground Passage: The login screen is made up to be like one behind a vending machine.
- Spiritual Successor: To Dance Masters/Dance Evolution Arcade, although not using Kinect, and its gameplay having a closer semblance in both routines and presentation to those of the game's Western competitors.
- Title Drop: The extra stage song, kors k's "Let's DANCE aROUND!!".