Curious Cuisine is an Interactive Fiction game by G.C. Betker that follows the story of a parent and their child in their journey to a city that houses a lot of peculiar things.
The first chapter of the main story is complete and a part of the first chapter of the bonus story are available to play here.
This game contains the following tropes:
- Character Customization: The player can determine the two (three if they choose to play the bonus story) protagonists from their name, gender, sexuality to other unique details such as powers and history.
- Food Porn: Since food is heavily featured in the game, the game heavily features a lot of vivid descriptions for it.
- Fun with Acronyms: There are two examples so far. One is APORIA note and another is SPIRID note .
- Genre Mashup: Curious Cuisine is a Cooking Story with Superheroes and some elements of Sci-Fi.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: According to this post, there are least 120 named NPCs available from both the main story and bonus story.
- Portal Crossroad World: Cornucopia has access to other worlds where superpowers do exist and those where they do not.
- Religious and Mythological Theme Naming: The names used for the Clearance Levels are taken from Greek Mythology.
- Romancing the Widow: If the Parent is widowed, this trope may come into play. Romancing Haggerty also falls to this as well.
- There are references to other superhero Choice of Games works such as Community College Hero, Heroes Rise and The Hero Unmasked.
- The address of where the Parent got the latter is always at a place with the name Brigadoon.
- When the Parent got the letter, the Child joked that they finally got a letter from Hogwarts.
- The first name of Haggerty (the rival of the Parent) is from the Nightmare Cafe.
- Stock Superhero Day Jobs: Many Powered Individuals have day jobs.
- Switching P.O.V.: The chapters of the main story are told from the perspectives of the Parent and the Child.
- This Is My Story: The story starts with the Parent telling their story to another passenger.