The Cult series are a pair of games developed and programmed by amateur video game developer Lee Blum, following the escapades of a police officer and later, Federal agent, Zack Bonn.
These games provide examples of:
- Big Bad: The Cult Leader and Nathan West, respectively
- The Bible: Bonn gets his hands on both games. He even lampshades it, commenting that any time he goes on mission he gets Bible
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: Nathan West
- Cult: The antagonists of the first game, naturally
- Greater-Scope Villain: It is hinted that the Trustees of Light, the organization Nathan West belongs to, extends far beyond his influence. In the final sequence of Cult II, it is also hinted that West and/or the Guardians have ties to the upper echelons of the FBI.
- Lock and Key Puzzle: All over the place, typically to find specifically coloured keys to open specifically coloured locks
- Right-Wing Militia Fanatic: The Trustees of Light, the antagonists of the second game
- Sliding Scale of Law Enforcement: Leaning to the positive side
- Utopia Justifies the Means: Nathan West