Crimson Dragon is a Rail Shooter game for the Xbox One (originally planned for the Xbox 360). It is the long-awaited Spiritual Successor to the beloved Panzer Dragoon series originally developed by Sega's Team Andromeda, directed by series creator Yukio Futatsugi.
The game was originally expected to arrive to Xbox 360, but the game was shifted as a launch title for Xbox One for $19.99. Thanks to demands by the fans of the game, it will also allow for traditional controller support instead of being a Kinect-only game. Those with Windows phones can get a horizontal Gaiden Game titled Crimson Dragon: Side Story.
Could use some Wiki Magic.
Crimson Dragon features trope examples of:
- Bribing Your Way to Victory: You can skip the grinding by buying food and rare items for real world money.
- Fake Longevity: Due to the Mons and feeding mechanic, you may be forced to replay certain levels multiple times just to farm item drops.
- Mons: The game features some breeding and grinding to get the best dragons of various species.
- RPG Elements: You can level up your dragon with food found throughout the game.
- Scenery Porn
- Spiritual Successor: To Panzer Dragoon