Courage's Curse is a 2018 Survival Horror game by Dave Microwaves Games. It is a horror parody of Courage the Cowardly Dog, namely the episode "King Ramses' Curse".
The game follows mostly the same story as the episode, though it serves as unofficial sequel to it. Eustace has reclaimed Ramses' missing slab yet again, and Ramses is pissed. Eustace, in an attempt to make sure Ramses doesn't steal back his slab, buried it in the farmhouse's basement, locked the basement door, then went back to bed. Meanwhile, Ramses has possessed Muriel in an attempt to reclaim his slab, but is still patrolling the yard himself. Muriel's work has unintentionally awoken Courage, and it's up to him to reclaim the slab and send Ramses away once and for all.
This game contains examples of:
- Beast in the Maze: The key to the basement is buried somewhere in the cornfield out behind the farmhouse, and Courage needs to search for it. Being in the yard, Ramses can enter it, and be wary that while Courage can't see well in the cornfield, Ramses can.
- Car Fu: Ramses prowls around outside in the yard, where the player must avoid him when starting the car. However, due to an oversight, it is possible to run Ramses over if you time starting the car correctly.
- Creepy Basement: Subverted. While everywhere else in the house and yard is unsafe with Muriel and Ramses patrolling, the basement is safe. Muriel doesn't go down there, and there's no traps.
- Curse of the Pharaoh: The entire premise of this game: Eustace took Ramses's slab again, and in retaliation he possessed Muriel to retrieve it and kill anyone who got in her way.
- Demonic Possession: Ramses has possessed Muriel, and in her current state she won't hesitate to beat Courage into submission on sight.