Confess My Love is a Freeware Game released on Steam in 2017, focusing on a boy named Willie stuck repeatedly trying to confess his feelings to his classmate, Liza. The game, having twenty different endings, involves plenty of secrets and twists to discover through exploration and trial-and-error, with minor differences between each game that build up to the final ending.
A sequel to the game, Transparent Black was released in the same year.
Download it here.
Tropes that appear in this work:
- Big Bad: The demonic entity resembling Liza is the entity that wont let Willie move on to the afterlife, though she only tries to kill him in the "Mutated Room". The final ending hints that Julie, the Demon disguised as Willies classmate who waits to escort him to hell, created her in some way.
- Chick Magnet: Transparent Black reveals that most of the girls in the class had a crush towards Willie. Not only was Willie unaware of it, but he had a crush on Liza, one of the few ones who wasn't interested in him.
- Dead All Along: The final ending reveals that everything Willie goes through is a result of his being dead and reliving his past failures. Julie, by extension, is a demon waiting to take his soul to hell.
- Devil in Disguise: Julie is actually a demon, waiting to take Willie to hell.
- Downer Ending: Willie was Dead All Along, and the classroom is basically Purgatory. Julie is actually a demon, and she takes Willie's soul down to Hell.
- Foreshadowing: Several bad endings hint out the events of Transparent Black, such as the knife in the drawer and Demonic!Liza.
- Greater-Scope Villain: The plot was caused by Jael and The Goddess of Evil from Transparent Black (particularly Jael, since her Deal with the Devil is the cause of Willie's death.
- Guide Dang It!: Being able to access the "Mutated Room" and get the final few endings, as the player must complete multiple unrelated steps in the short amount of time they have— and this only gives a one in three shot, so players who do it correctly unknowingly may still never find out how to actually access the "Mutated Room".
- "Groundhog Day" Loop: The game keeps on repeating, with Willie trying every single day to win Liza's heart. This is a result of Willie's being dead.
- Isometric Projection: The game takes on an isometric perspective.
- Multiple Endings: Twenty, to be exact; and many require finding a number of other endings before they can be unlocked.
- Revealing Continuity Lapse: During each repetition, minor things change around the room, such as the sudden appearance of a new character named Julie, the title screen characters becoming silhouettes, and the discovery of a knife, showing things slowly becoming stranger and darker.
- Sanity Slippage: Willie goes through one after enough endings had passed and the player gains access to the "Mutated Room". In this special ending, Liza turns into a demon and attempts to kill Willie. Back in the real world, Willie then gets flashbacks about the event, freaks out, and stabs Liza.
- Surprise Creepy: The game is pretty innocent for a while, until the player finds a knife, and Julie tries to murder them in the "Mutated Room".