Combat of Giants
(also known as Battle of Giants
in North America) is the name of the series of video games (mostly) for Nintendo DS
. There, the player becomes one of the "giants" and the focus of the game is to defeat all the other giants.
Games in the series:
- Combat of Giants: Dinosaurs (2008), Nintendo DS
- Combat of Giants: Dragons (2009), Nintendo DS
- Combat of Giants: Mutant Insects (2010), Nintendo DS
- Combat of Giants: Dinosaurs Fight for Survival (2010), Nintendo DS
- Combat of Giants: Mutant Insects Revenge (2010), Nintendo DS
- Combat of Giants: Dinosaur Strike (2010), Wii
- Combat of Giants: Dinosaurs 3D (2011), Nintendo 3DS
Tropes in this series:
- After the End: The setting of the Mutant Insects games.
- An Ice Person: The Ice Dragons.
- Apocalypse How: Type 3b in the Mutant Insects game.
- Big Creepy-Crawlies: In Mutant Insects.
- Blow You Away: The Wind Dragons.
- Disc-One Nuke: The Gold Gems in Dragons, that is, if you can unlock them.
- Everything's Better with Dinosaurs: Arguably the entire point of the dinosaurs.
- Excuse Plot: The adventure mode of the games would put some semblance of plot to explain why the dinosaurs/dragons/mutant insects are fighting each other.
- Flawless Victory: "Utter domination!" in Dinosaurs Strike
- Fly Crazy: A mutant flying ant is a Secret Character in Mutant Insects.
- Giant Spider: You can select one as a playable character in both Mutant Insects games.
- Green Hill Zone: Matumki in Dragons.
- Gusty Glade: Matumlil in Dragons.
- Healing Factor: Wind Dragons can regenerate health after using a Wind gem. Ice Dragons can also heal using their gems, but it's one burst of health rather than regen.
- Lethal Lava Land: Matumgirru in Dragons, and the Fiery Desert of Ankh in Mutant Insects.
- Limit Break: In the fighting mechanics, a combatant is able to do this after scoring a certain amounts of uninterrupted attacks (or dodging and blocking attacks in Dinosaurs Strike).
- God Save Us from the Queen!: In Mutant Insects Revenge, the Big Bad is the Mutant Queen.
- Playing with Fire: The Fire Dragons.
- Poisonous Person: Earth Dragons can poison opponents after using an Earth gem.
- Power-Up: Fire Dragons get a boost in attack power after using Fire gems.
- Rewarding Vandalism: Destroying buildings and/or nests will give you either health or money.
- Rule of Cool: The series runs on this.
- Scary Scorpions: A mutant scorpion is one of the playable characters in Mutant Insects.
- Secret Character: Most of the dinos in Dinosaurs, the Earth and Wind Dragons in Dragons, and the mutant fly in Mutant Insects.
- Slaying Mantis: In Mutant Insects, a mantis can be one of your playable characters.
- Slippy-Slidey Ice World: Matummu in Dragons.
- Wing Shield: In Dragons, the dragons block attacks using their wings.