The plot concerns a young boy named Pete and his pet bird, who are trying to find Pete's sister who has been locked away in their father's basement. But not all is as it seems...
- Abusive Parents: Dad. He locks Pete's sister in the basement to starve, and threatens to kill Pete if he doesn't find out what's clogging the drain. Locking Pete's sister in the basement was a lie told by bird though.
- All Just a Dream: Apparently, the whole game
- Deliberately Monochrome: The inside of the house, which is mostly black and gray with some white.
- Gender-Blender Name: Jon, who introduces herself by explaining that she's a girl despite her name.
- Interface Screw: The controls change for a little while once you get to Shill Bend.
- Macguffin: Pete's sister and the "Dore Bell"
- Scenery Porn: The game's many beautiful yet desolate environments.
- Songs in the Key of Lock: To enter the basement the player has to play a short tune.
- Unreliable Expositor: The bird.
- Womb Level: You go inside a giant worm's body at one point.
- The area towards the end of the game is also unusually fleshy