Chelsea is a short horror mystery RPG made by Yurei Darling Studio.
Daniel is a young man happily dating his girlfriend, Chelsea. On the day of their fourth anniversary, he loses the engagement ring he hoped to give her. While wandering all over town trying to find the ring, he encounters dark and mysterious figures. Will he be able to find the ring before it's too late?
Tropes associated with Chelsea:
- Author Appeal: The lost boy's dog is named Russette. Also, when Daniel enters the library, he sees a comic called "Magical Girl Lovely Potato: War of the Valkyries ~ 2199AD". Turns out it's an upcoming RPG by Yurei Darling Studio. And yes, the protagonist's name is Russette.
- Camp Gay: Going through his neighbourhood to retrieve the ring, Daniel enters the house of a lonely writer. The house is full of pink decorations, wigs, makeup and even a corset.
- Chekhov's Gun: The crayon.
- Dead All Along: Daniel has been dead for several months. He's either unaware of his death or he's been denying it for quite awhile.
- Driven to Suicide: The Theatre Man possibly. Though the shinigami might have had something to do with this.
- Foreshadowing: The Theatre Man gives this little piece of dialogue to the audience."When ya got a strong attachment to somethin', someone, somewhere, ya just can't help, but hold onto it..."
- I See Dead People: Daniel encounters multiple spirits in the town. The Mysterious Man reveals that Daniel's prescence is attracting them.
- Floorboard Failure: When Daniel is being chased by the statues in the graveyard.
- In a minor case, Chelsea hid the key that opens the church inside a loose board in her house.
- Oh, Crap!: Daniel has this reaction multiple times, a primary case being when he's being chased by the angel statue.
- Ominous Fog: The town is blanketed in a thick layer of fog.
- Multiple Endings:
- Normal End 1: The Mysterious Man, revealed to be a shinigami, tells Daniel that he was Dead All Along. Daniel accepts his fate and goes to the afterlife, where he pressumably reincarnates.
- Normal End 2: Same as the above, but before Daniel is taken to the afterlife, he asks the shinigami for his name. The shinigami shrugs it off and replies he'll tell later about it. Daniel goes to the afterlife and pressumably reincarnates.
- True End: Same as the above, only that Daniel uses the crayon to write a posthumous message to Chelsea, which she receives. The Stinger shows the shinigami going to another mission.
- Pet the Dog: The Mysterious Man is very lenient and mild towards Daniel. According to his coworker, it's because he's usually kinder with those named Daniel, implying a past about it.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Played straight with the dark spirit chasing Daniel and subverted with the sandbox boy and his dog.
- Save Point: A pot of flowers, which are apparently Chelsea's favorites.
- Victorious Childhood Friend: Daniel and Chelsea were childhood friends before they became a couple. Too bad Daniel was killed a month before his wedding.
- Walking Spoiler: The Mysterious Man that Daniel encounters. He's a shinigami and he's allowed Daniel to wander around town for the engagement ring. He hoped that Daniel would feel at peace if he found the ring. However, it only made Daniel more distraught and made Chelsea mad sad.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Chelsea has bright green hair.