Challenge of the Retroverse is Mitchell Productions' second major project, and the first to be published online.The project was started in July, 2015, and was published in February 12, 2016, onto Newgrounds.
This game is mixed, similar to WarioWare, but the levels are sequenced instead of randomized. It has 10 levels, each with its own genre.
The game can be played here: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/670466
Challenge of the Retroverse provides examples of:
- Three Quarters View: Level 10.
- Bullet Hell: Level 3. Especially on hard.
- Magic Brakes: Level 8 has the car that never slows down.
- Nintendo Hard:
- Patrolling Mook: The guards in Level 10.
- Most of Level 2's questions, such as one with Terminator, Predator, and Rambo.
- Level 3 plays like Space Invaders, except that the player can move in all four directions.
- Level 5's stationary cannons slightly resemble the Killer Eye.
- Level 9's customers bear a close resemblance to character concepts of Microsoft Sam, Mike, and Mary.
- Synthetic Voice Actor: The audio tutorials for the levels. Configurable between Microsoft Mike and Microsoft Mary in the main menu.