Order of Shadows is a 2007 Castlevania game for mobile phones in North America.
The eponymous order, led by one Rohan Krause, is a group of Dracula's followers seeking to resurrect their master. It is up to Desmond Belmont and his sisters Zoe and Dolores to stop them.
Order of Shadows has examples of:
- Choice of Two Weapons: The various collectable subweapons, which must be equipped in the inventory. They stay with you, but still use hearts.
- Dedication: First line in the end credits is a dedication for a passed Konami employee.
- Double Jump: Desmond learns this skill after defeating Medusa.
- Dual Boss: The second boss fight is against two giant bats.
- Dual Wielding: First boss is a knight of the Order wielding two swords.
- Flunky Boss: Medusa boss calls flying Medusa Heads to her aid.
- Hero of Another Story: Desmond's sisters search the Order's mansion for clues while he fights his way through it.
- Mythology Gag: A statue in Medusa's lair is based on Simon Belmont's sprite from Haunted Castle.
- RPG Elements: Experience is rewarded upon defeating enemies, which increase Desmond's stats.
- See You in Hell: Krause's last words are a variation of the trope.Krause: I will greet your parents in the underworld. It's certain we will see you soon.
- Shout-Out: The two Belmont sisters are named Zoe and Dolores, referencing the Zone of the Enders anime series Z.O.E. Dolores,i.
- Underground Level: Accessible once Desmond learns the slide move.