Cartoon Hero (無個性戰隊) is a very Power Rangers-esque Fighting Game playable in a browser. The player controls a team of three characters through a handful of levels to defeat mooks and a boss on every level.
It has simple controls: Arrow keys to move, double tap to dash, Z for basic attacks which build power, X for special attacks which consumes power, C to switch characters or stances (or block in giant robot mode), and double tap C to deal a finishing move to a boss.
Tropes present in this game:
- Achilles' Heel: While the evil versions of the fighters are very strong, they cannot low-jump nor can they control their direction mid-jump. They tend to respond poorly to low-air-to-ground attacks.
- Blocking Stops All Damage: Blocking in giant robot form stops all damage. The turtle boss is the only boss who can block, but it does not stop all damage; however, it also makes him partly Immune to Flinching.
- Boring, but Practical: Red's air basic attack. It is fast to execute, has longer range, and because of the way the Evil Counterparts flinch, it could be used repeatedly across the screen until they hit a wall. It is also possibly the only air move that could possibly break evil red's air special attack, and a good way to disengage cleanly to finish them off with ranged specials.
- Flash Step: By double clicking left or right. Can be used to phase through attacks. Can be combined with X for a dash special attack. The Evil Counterpart will use this to a frustrating degree.
- "Get Back Here!" Boss: The fourth boss.
- HeelFace Turn: Heavily implied for the grey fighter.
- Make My Monster Grow: All normal bosses do this.
- Mighty Glacier: Yellow. His combos tend to be slow and easy to interrupt (at first), but they hurt. He appears to be the only boss that could literally chain attacks from full to zero health without any chance of retaliation. Whatever you do, don't let him back you into a corner.
- Mirror Match: The evil, slightly darker versions of the fighters can be fought.
- Secret Character: The grey fighter is originally only available by clicking the (normally red) title, changing it to grey. You have the option to choose him from the beginning in the third version of the game. Unlike the normal team, where you press C to change among red, yellow and blue, you switch between "drill up" and "drill down" stances. "Drill up" features continuous spam attacks and a potentially near-infinite combo, while "drill down" is more flexible and agile, although both share the same special attacks.
- SNK Boss: All evil versions of the fighters completely lack an energy bar and can use inhuman special attack combos that could knock off half of your health whenever they damn well please.
- This Is a Drill: Every single member of the evil army uses drills in combat. When bosses are defeated, a drill falls out and grows into a giant version of the boss.