Burnout CRASH! is a digital-only spinoff of the Burnout series focusing entirely on one of its defining features; vehicular crashing. However, it differs widely from its predecessors; it is played from a top-down perspective, allowing viewership of an entire level, Crashbreakers are recurring, and the game features no racing whatsoever. CRASH! was released in 2011 on the Xbox 360 (with Kinect support) and PlayStation 3, and on iOS the next year, a first for the series.
This game has examples of the following tropes:
- Announcer Chatter: A rather excitable one in this game.
- Canon Foreigner:
- Autolog from Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010) is repurposed for this game.
- The engine sound from selecting the P12 car is also taken from the Lamborghini from NFS: Hot Pursuit.
- Endless Daytime: Every level takes place during the day.
- Excited Show Title!
- Something Completely Different: This game covers various "milestones" for the series. It is a digital-only title, it focuses on variants of one of its signature features (Crash Mode), it's played from a bird's-eye view and is one of the one games in the series to be released on a mobile platform.