Bullet System is an arena shoot 'em up by Kamikaze Koubou. The player selects one of eight weapons at the start and then defeat endless waves of enemies spawning in the playfield. The goal of this game is to gain a total high score, which is the sum of scores obtained from playing all eight weapons. Can be downloaded at Vector.
Bullet System contains examples of:
- Anti-Frustration Features: Enemies' hit boxes do not form until the first enemy hits the playfield border to prevent collision damage at the start of the stage while the enemies spread out from the center. Most weapons would still hit them during that period as well.
- Charged Attack: The havoc weapon works this way.
- Collision Damage: The only way the enemy can damage the player's ship since that they do not fire any bullets. Some of player's weapons hits enemy this way. This is also the source of difficulty as more enemies spawn in the playfield.
- Combos: As of version 1.1, keeping the meter up allows more points per every point item collected.
- Mercy Invincibility: Indicated by a flash on the screen and the player's ship flashing. The invincibility wears off once the flashes end.
- Mook Maker: The bosses which appear every 5 stages are these.
- Scoring Points: The point of this game, as stated above.