You can play the game here. The game's very short, and it's best to play it before reading the trope list.
This game provides examples of:
- All Just a Dream: The first part of the game is just the sailor's dream. He's less buff in reality.
- Ass Kicks You: The weaker sailor has this as one of his attacks.
- Badass Beard: The sailor has one.
- Beat 'em Up: The game is beating up pirates on a linear 2D path.
- Deliberately Monochrome: There are no colors in the game to speak of.
- Die, Chair! Die!: You can beat up barrels and signposts, at least as a strong sailor, though the "THANKS" sign is indestructible.
- Distressed Damsel: The goal of the game is to save a woman who was kidnapped and locked inside a lighthouse.
- Dream Sue: The sailor fancies himself as much stronger in his dreams.
- Good Smoking, Evil Smoking: Both the sailor and the distressed damsel smoke pipes.
- Kick the Dog: Rather literally. The weak sailor can kick a dog off a bridge, and that guarantees a sad ending.
- Lighthouse Point: The woman the sailor seeks to rescue is being held at a lighthouse on a secret island.
- Multiple Endings: Either the sailor kicks the dog off the bridge, the kidnapped woman swims away, and the sailor goes to sleep, or he leaves the dog alone, in which the woman instead just offers him a handshake and drives away in her boyfriend's faster boat, and the dog joins the sailor in his boat.
- One-Man Army: The sailor is able to take out over a dozen foes without any effort but only in his dream.
- Our Werewolves Are Different: The second big enemy in the sailor's dreams is a rather weak and large werewolf.
- Rugged Scar: The sailor has one in his dream.
- There Was a Door: The sailor has to break a door to get into a building. One of the pirates even gets squished by it.
- Video Game Cruelty Potential: You do not have to harm the sailor at the door, or the drunken guy, or the dog. You can do so if you wish, however.
- Video Game Cruelty Punishment: Harming the dog will give you the sad ending, however.