It is a shooting game with 16-bit style pixel art visuals, where each stage consists of one screen that needs to be cleared of enemy waves. The player is located at the bottom of the screen, and can only move left and right, while doing dodge rolls and taking cover. The story is about Erin Saver, a former police officer who lost her partner and her arm to a criminal gang Wildbots, and is now on her Roaring Rampage of Revenge.
This game provides examples of:
- Action Girl: The protagonist Erin.
- Artificial Limbs: Erin has a bionic arm.
- Die, Chair, Die!: Each level has many destructible objects. You can take cover behind stuff, but the enemies can destroy them.
- Cyber Punk: The main setting of the game.
- Mecha-Mooks: Most of the enemies in the game are robots.
- Nintendo Hard: Even the official Steam page says that the game is very hard until you master it. Soon after the release, the developer added an easy difficulty option to help new players.
- When Erin loses all hearts and explodes, the explosion is similar to Mega Man. Erin also has a green beam saber that looks very similar to Zero's Z-Saber. The main boss characters are robotic animals, which could be a reference to the maverick bosses in Mega Man X series.
- The first boss is a robotic pig, and the second one is a Rhino. One of the bosses, Rocket Lizard, refers to them as Bebop and Rocksteady.
- Whenever you change a weapon, its name is said by an announcer that sounds almost exactly like Metal Slug's.
- The building that is about to be blown up by the bad guys, Tominaka Plaza, is an obvious reference to the Nakatomi Plaza from Die Hard.
- Erin's name is similar to Eren Yaeger from Attack On Titan.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Erin has pink/purple hair.