How many hideously cute boss creatures can you slaughter before you die? Fight with giant axes, swords, and jetpacks! Acrue upgrades and items between encounters to further bolster your strength. But be warned, the bosses grow in terms of capabilities (AKA get another head attached) and size per encounter.
This title was made made in 3 days for the indiesvspewdiepie game jam in November 2014.
This game can be played at here.
Boss Rush Apocalypse provides examples of:
- Attack Its Weak Point: It's possible to destroy multiple boss heads at once by destroying the base head. In fact, it's even possible to kill the boss by only targetting the base head, as destroying it will eliminate all of the other heads. This becomes more challenging during later boss fights due to the larger health pools and larger number of projectiles. Though, the base head doesn't always need to be eliminated in order to kill the entire boss. If enough of the other heads are destroyed, the boss will fall.
- Boss Game: The only enemies you face are progressively tougher and more hideous bosses.
- Bullet Hell: If a boss has enough heads, the screen can be filled with various kinds of projectiles (spit, lasers, flies, etc.), which makes dodging and actually dealing to the enemy all the more challenging.
- Endless Game: Keep on slaying bosses and collecting upgrades until you fall.
- Heart Container: One of the potential upgrades you can choose from at the end of each encounter. It raises your max mealth by 1.
- Frickin' Laser Beams: The heads with the square eyes can fire these at you. With enough of these present in the boss monster, the game can turn into a Bullet Hell.
- Goddamned Bats: The eyelash heads can fire a small fly in an arching pattern towards your general position. This can become quite annoying in large quantities and/or if they are high enough.
- Grotesque Cute: The boss monsters. They look adorable sure. But, their grotesqueness grows as they progressively increase in size.
- Jet Pack: One of the first upgrades you can obtain. It allows you the ability to fly up and reach the ceiling the room. It has infinite fuel, so you may stay flying indefinitely. This becomes almost mandatory to use in later boss encounters, as they are so enormous.
- No Plot? No Problem!: There's no reason as to why you, a strange creature, is slaying all of these progressively tougher boss monsters and obtaining new upgrades.
- Weapon of Choice: Two of them in fact. They are: