Black Bomberman and six accomplices steal seven vital chips from the pan-galactic bureau's mother computer, shutting it down. The pan-galactic federal police sends emergency order to its NO.1 super detective, Bomber Cop (better known as White Bomberman), to give chase and retrieve them.
Needs more tropes.
This game provides examples of:
- Badass Biker: Red, Blue, Green and Yellow Bombers appear riding bikes before Black Bomberman is faced.
- Bigfoot, Sasquatch and Yeti: Hibadon / Grumpus.
- Early Installment Weirdness: The setting of the game is the six-planet Magellan solar system, which never made another direct appearance in the franchise. It seems Hudson Soft was transitioning the storyline away from Earth, but hadn't yet settled on Planet Bomber or the Bomber Nebula.
- Evil Twin: Black Bomberman. This is the last game before he experiences his HeelFace Turn.
- Giant Enemy Crab: Kanigozen / The Cockle Twins.
- Green Hill Zone: Brajira Star / Blossom Planet.
- Humongous Mecha: Black Bomberman uses one.
- Lethal Lava Land: Zaurus Star / Planet Inferno.
- Living Statue / Rock Monster: Gabara / El-Baal.
- Man-Eating Plant: Zankokuran / Petunia.
- Palmtree Panic: Aquaria Star / Planet Surf.
- Planet Spaceship: Genesis Star / Planet Techo.
- Ptero Soarer: Pteranon / Blastbat.
- Slippy-Slidey Ice World: Crystal Star / Icicle Planet.
- Shifting Sand Land: Dune Star / Planet Wither.
- Teleport Spam: Monger / Digger.
- Underground Level: Asian Star / Planet Quarry.