The plot is somewhat a Adaptation Expansion of the episode "Blue's Birthday", but expanded onto four games. Each game deals on playing the game Blue's Clues and figure out what Blue wants to do at her party (eg. what she wants to eat, what game she would like to play, ect.) In short, it's a interactive version of the show, but with the typical point and click adventure touch.
This game is not available with the other titles from Humongous on Steam due to licensing issues, though physical copies are cheaply available online.
Tropes in Blue's Birthday Adventure:
- Anachronic Order: Any of the four games can be played in any order.
- Collection Sidequest: There are noisemakers found throughout the games.
- Endless Game: Most of the minigames don't really have a end. The only exception is "Tickety's Puzzles".
- Gameplay Grading: When you complete all four games, your certificate will tell you the top four minigames you did the most.
- The Last of These Is Not Like the Others: The minigame "Party Toys", where the player has to point out the toy that is not the same, and the Presents will fix that.
- Off-Model: Like in the show, Blue's owner is completely live-action, in contrast to the hand-drawn backgrounds of the world and its inhabitants like Blue. Moreover, in this game, he has CRT scan lines all over him.
- Mini-Game: The basic Point-and-Click process is frequently broken up by the recurring minigames like cooking, or jigsaw puzzle solving.
- Plot Coupon: Two-thirds of the game use this. In order to get the clues, you need to do a few errands for your friends (eg. getting a watering can for watering a vegetable garden.)
- Too Dumb to Fool /Obfuscating Stupidity: If the player clicks on the Thinking Chair before all three clues are found, Steve would start thinking about hopping there, but realizes they haven't found them yet. The more you click, the more Steve knows you're fooling him.
- Videogame Caring Potential:
- After you find one of the clues is a sock, you can put it away. The same goes for the pair of slippers you see in another game. (Though this is only if you didn't pick those clues last.)
- You can do the same with Steve's shoes in the first game on the Yellow Disc.