You can download it here for free. The game will receive more updates in the future. This game obviously shares many tropes with its official predecessor.
This game provides examples of:
- Alchemy Is Magic: The Monkey Alchemist can create very powerful potions good at popping bloons.
- Blackout Basement: The Necropolis mission makes the level hard to see, but the cursor will light it up.
- Damage-Sponge Boss: The bosses are really beefy and can be annoying to take down, especially on higher tiers.
- Fan Sequel: This game can be considered BTD 5.5, being released after BTD 5 and before BTD 6.
- Hard Mode Perks: Difficulty modifiers can be applied which can speed bloons up, make them stronger etc., but that increases score.
- Inconveniently Placed Conveyor Belt: The Conveyor Belt track has one that speeds up bloons at the top and slows them down at the bottom.
- Nintendo Hard: The base game is not that difficult, but some of the bosses and challenges really can give even the most experienced players a run for their money.
- No-Damage Run: The No Lives Lost option reduces lives to 1, but gives 1.35X score.
- Warm-Up Boss: The tier 1 Bully Bloon is not very strong, and appears on the first map. That said, on higher levels, even it can be difficult.