You just fed your baby and put him down for the night. After you go to sleep, you're woken up by the sound of crashing. To your right, where your window should be, there's now a huge gaping hole, through which some mysterious creature just made off with your child. So, just like any loving parent, you make your way into the hole, and the strange dark world beyond, to get your baby back.
Blame Him contains examples of:
- Adult Fear: The plot of the game is kicked off by the Player Character's child being kidnapped.
- Air-Vent Passageway: You need to crawl through one to get back to the lockers from the room with the first enemy in the game.
- Apocalyptic Log: Would it be a horror game without them?
- Enter Solution Here: One door near the beginning of the game requires you to find the code to unlock it.
- Infinite Flashlight: The Player Character's flashlight never seems to need new batteries.
- Knife Nut: The first enemy in the game will stab you to death with a knife if she catches you.
- Lock and Key Puzzle: Some doors in the game require you to find the key to unlock them.
- Notice This: Items you can pick up and interact with have a little white circular image above them. How you interact with them depends on the picture inside the circle.
- P.O.V. Cam: The game is viewed from the Player Character's perspective.
- Spinventory: You can rotate objects while they are in your inventory.
- Trail of Blood: One is found on the floor after the first door that requires a code to unlock. There's also one in the room with the first enemy.