In it, players control multicoloured creatures with a lot of teeth in a battle around an abstract table at a tea-time, where the goal is obviously to keep eating each other and ascend to a higher score. There are also cookies that heal Biters, water from cups that refills their stamina, and chocolates that provide cosmetics.
Biters.io features examples of the following tropes:
- And Your Reward Is Clothes: Players can find fragments of clothing items when they eat expensive chocolates.
- Asteroids Monster: Milder examples: large cookies bitten by small biters will often split into several smaller ones that are otherwise exactly the same, being equally round and with no bite marks. Defeated large Biters will also drop several cookies behind them.
- Big Eater: As expected in such a game, Biters have large mouths with great teeth, will eat endlessly, and are often smaller than either the chocolate chip cookies or thelarger Biters they bring down.
- Black Bead Eyes: All the Biters have those.
- Combos: Much like FacePunch.io, this game features a combo meter for the number of hits you score in succession without getting hit yourself.
- Endless Game: This battle will go on as long as there players around.
- Large and in Charge: Like in many similar .io games, players become larger as they score more kills. This increases the size of their hammer, and the area it can cover in a single strike as well, but also makes it easier for the other players to hit them.
- Macro Zone: All but the largest Biters are smaller than the chocolate chip cookies they eat.
- Monstrous Cannibalism: The premise of the game.
- No Plot? No Problem!: There's no explanation for what the creatures, and whether they are fighting over a normal tea table, or in some other place.
- Sprint Meter: Present, and used for both quick escapes, and for the dash attacks, which deal far more damage then simply biting. It can be quickly refilled by going into pools of water.