You and your wife were captured by demons! You have been asleep for over a thousand years now, while trapped in a dungeon. You wake up trapped in a cell, and soon find a spare lying weapon and health potion, as well as a key to your locked cell's door. Let the quest to find your wife, and escape with your lives begin!
This game can be played here.
bit Dungeon provides examples of:
- Charged Attack: By holding down the attack button for long enough and having enough mana in reserves, the hero can do a Spin Attack which not only increases his attack speed drastically but also dramatically raises his critical hit chances.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: The treasure chests are color-coded to indicate their rarity and relative power rating.
- Critical Existence Failure: Played straight like many others in this genre. However, there is no (indicator other than your health bar) when you are low on health.
- Elemental Powers: At the end of some dungeon levels, you have the choice of obtaining a magic spell or replacing the one you already have with a new one. These can be used by charging up your attack to max, and have differing effects.
- Endless Game
- Excuse Plot: The one outlined in the above description is the reason why you are delving into these dungeons in the first place.
- Final Death: If the hero dies anywhere in the dungeon, you must restart the game again from dungeon level 1 unless you are able to meet the ghost girl, who will provide you with an extra life. Note that these can be stacked.
- Healing Potion: Health potions restore a ton of the hero's health in one go. However, the trade-off is that you cannot store any potion for future use, meaning that health management is extra crucial in this game. These are rarely dropped by the common mooks. semi-commonly by the wraiths, and commonly by the spirits.
- Mana Potion: Mana potions restore a lot of the hero's mana at the cost of not being able to store some for later. Like with health potions, they are rarely dropped by the common mooks. semi-commonly by the wraiths, and commonly by the spirits.
- Random Drop: Played straight but expected considering the genre.
- Weapon of Choice: The hero can choose from a variety of weapon types, with their own unique relative stat distributions.
- An Axe to Grind: Axes have a high damage stat, low critical rating, and slow attack speed.
- Blade on a Stick: Spears and similiar polearms have a low damage stat, high critical rating, and fast attack speed.
- Drop the Hammer: Hammers have a very high damage stat, very low critical rating, and very slow attack speed.
- Knife Nut: Knives have a very low damage stat, very high critical rating, and very high attack speed.
- Heroes Prefer Swords: Swords have an average damage stat, critical rating, and attack speed - making them the most balanced weapons in the game.