You and your wife were captured by demons! You have been asleep for over a thousand years now, while trapped in a dungeon. You wake up trapped in a cell, and soon find a spare lying weapon and health potion, as well as a key to your locked cell's door. Let the quest to find your wife, and escape with your lives begin!
This game can be played here.
bit Dungeon has been ported to other markets such as Steam, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo Switch.
It has received a sequels bit Dungeon II and bit Dungeon III.
bit Dungeon provides examples of:
- Charged Attack: By holding down the attack button for long enough and having enough mana in reserves, the hero can do a Spin Attack which not only increases his attack speed drastically but also dramatically raises his critical hit chances.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: The treasure chests are color-coded to indicate their rarity and relative power rating.
- Critical Existence Failure: Played straight like many others in this genre. However, there is no (indicator other than your health bar) when you are low on health.
- Elemental Powers: At the end of some dungeon levels, you have the choice of obtaining a magic spell or replacing the one you already have with a new one. These can be used by charging up your attack to max, and have differing effects.
- Endless Game
- Excuse Plot: The one outlined in the above description is the reason why you are delving into these dungeons in the first place.
- Final Death Mode: If the hero dies anywhere in the dungeon, you must restart the game again from dungeon level 1 unless you are able to meet the ghost girl, who will provide you with an extra life. Note that these can be stacked.
- Healing Potion: Health potions restore a ton of the hero's health in one go. However, the trade-off is that you cannot store any potion for future use, meaning that health management is extra crucial in this game. These are rarely dropped by the common mooks. semi-commonly by the wraiths, and commonly by the spirits.
- Mana Potion: Mana potions restore a lot of the hero's mana at the cost of not being able to store some for later. Like with health potions, they are rarely dropped by the common mooks. semi-commonly by the wraiths, and commonly by the spirits.
- Random Drop: Played straight but expected considering the genre.
- Weapon of Choice: The hero can choose from a variety of weapon types, with their own unique relative stat distributions.
- An Axe to Grind: Axes have a high damage stat, low critical rating, and slow attack speed.
- Blade on a Stick: Spears and similiar polearms have a low damage stat, high critical rating, and fast attack speed.
- Blade Enthusiast: Knives have a very low damage stat, very high critical rating, and very high attack speed.
- Drop the Hammer: Hammers have a very high damage stat, very low critical rating, and very slow attack speed.
- Heroes Prefer Swords: Swords have an average damage stat, critical rating, and attack speed - making them the most balanced weapons in the game.