An upcoming otome Visual Novel by Lovebird Games, Band Camp Boyfriend follows this year's new drum major, Cadence, to band camp as she attempts to help turn around her high school's declining marching band (The Blue Mountain Bandits), prep them for competition, and perhaps find love amongst the band members. Its trailer first came out in 2017, and a demo was launched in 2018. The demo can be downloaded and other game information can be found here.
Band Camp Boyfriend contains examples of:
- Alliterative Name: Many characters, but not with their first and last names. The band has Tom the trombonist, Clark the clarinetist, Samuel the saxophonist, Doug the drummer, Susie the sousaphonist, Felicity the flautist, and Garth from the color guard.
- All-Stereotype Cast: Each character is based on the personality stereotypically associated with their instrument.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: The content warning for the game includes standard warnings for language, suggestive humor, and violence. It also includes a nonstandard warning for instrument abuse.
- As You Know: Mr. Wiley and his pep talks give the bulk of the game's exposition.
- Content Warning: On the itch.io page for the game, there is a T 13+ rating followed by content warnings of "Language, Suggestive Humor, Violence, Instrument Abuse."
- The Faceless: Susie's boyfriend, Eugene, whose face is obscured by his instrument.
- The Last of These Is Not Like the Others: The content warning for the game lists standard warnings first: language, suggestive humor, and violence. The last warning is very nonstandard: it's a humorous warning for instrument abuse.
- Mission Briefing: Also serves as Lecture as Exposition.Mr. Wiley: Your attitude, words, and actions will influence [the band members] in ways you never anticipated.
- No Periods, Period: Played with in the How to Survive Band Camp video. When asked what to bring to band camp, Felicity suggests tampons. Cue Alex asking what that is and Mr. Wiley yelling to stop the recording.
- Please Put Some Clothes On: Cadence to Peter when she has to wake him up.
- Punny Name: Peter is a trumpeter. Many characters' names are similar to that of their instrument, like Susie who plays the sousaphone.
- Romance Game: More specifically, an otome game, a romance game aimed at women. The games itch.io page describes it as an otome visual novel game.
- That Came Out Wrong:Mr. Wiley: We learned how to dress a line back in mini camp. Why aren't you crossdressing?!
Cadence: I don't think that was what he meant to say.
- The Un-Reveal: Susie's boyfriend is set up as "the hottest guy in the marching band" whose face you can't forget. Cue his face always being obscured by his instrument.
- Verbal BackspaceCadence: He looks really good.
Err his conducting, I mean. His technique is flawless.