An upcoming otome by Lovebird Games, Band Camp Boyfriend follows this year's new drum major, Cadence, to band camp as she attempts to help turn around her high school's declining marching band (The Blue Mountain Bandits), prep them for competition, and perhaps find love amongst the band members. Its trailer first came out in 2017, and a demo was launched in 2018.
Band Camp Boyfriend contains examples of:
- Alliterative Name: Many characters - but not with their first and last names. The band has Tom the trombonist, Clark the clarinetist, Samuel the saxophonist, Doug the drummer, Susie the sousaphonist, Felicity the flautist, and Garth from the color guard.
- All-Stereotype Cast: Each character is based on the personality stereotypically associated with their instrument.
- As You Know: Mr. Wiley and his pep talks give the bulk of the game's exposition.
- Band Geek: Every character in the game qualifies - they're at band camp.
- Dialogue Tree
- Event Flag
- The Faceless: Susie's boyfriend, Eugene, whose face is obscured by his instrument.
- Fell Asleep Standing Up: Samuel in the teaser video.
- Lame Pun Reaction: This game is full of puns and reactions to them.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: in the introduction
- Love Interests: Tom, Peter, Clark, Samuel, Poptart, Doug, and Garth.
- Mascot: Bandit the racoon.
- Mission Briefing: Also serves as Lecture as Exposition.Mr. Wiley: Your attitude, words, and actions will influence [the band members] in ways you never anticipated.
- Multiple Endings: are planned.
- No Periods, Period: Played with in the How to Survive Band Camp video. When asked what to bring to band camp, Felicity suggests tampons. Cue Alex asking what that is and Mr. Wiley yelling to stop the recording.
- Odd Friendship: Tom and Peter are best friends.
- Please Put Some Clothes On: Cadence to Peter when she has to wake him up.
- Punny Name: Peter is a trumpeter. Many characters' names are similar to that of their instrument, like Susie who plays the sousaphone.
- Shout-Out: Marian, the band's librarian, is a shoutout to The Music Man. Poptart can give Cadence a Pop-Tart, saying "Wait. It's dangerous to go hungry. Take this!" The elite Red Angels group is a shoutout to the real-life Blue Devils Drum and Bugle Corps.
- So Unfunny, It's Funny: Tom expresses his love for these kinds of jokes.
- Story Branching
- That Came Out WrongMr. Wiley: We learned how to dress a line back in mini camp. Why aren't you crossdressing?!
Cadence: I don't think that was what he meant to say.
- The Un Reveal: Susie's boyfriend is set up as "the hottest guy in the marching band" whose face you can't forget. Cue his face always being obscured by his instrument.
- Verbal BackspaceCadence: He looks really good.
Err his conducting, I mean. His technique is flawless.
- World of Pun