Just before Atlantis: The Lost Empire came out on theaters, a game for the PlayStation, Gameboy Advance and Gameboy Color based on the film was released. It showed different worlds and gave players the ability to play as four different characters.
This video game provides examples of:
- Adaptational Alternate Ending: Instead of the ending with Milo and Kida as the heirs of Atlantis, players just see them together with the crew.
- All There in the Manual: Some of the game can be this compared to the original film.
- Flashback with the Other Darrin: Clips from the film are reused but re-recorded with the voice doubles from the game.
- FMV: Clips from the film are used as transitions between levels.
- Forced Tutorial: The first level has Preston Whitmore teach Milo the controls.
- Spelling Bonus: The levels can have the player collect the Atlantean letters A, T, L, A, N, T, I and S to form "Atlantis".