A tactical RPG made in Korea in 1994, this tells the tale of Sir Lloyd von Roiental, who is ambushed while escorting a holy staff and his fellow solider killed. His quest to regain the item and his honor soon turn into saving the world.
This game was first released for the PC, and then remade some years later for handhelds, including a PSP version that was the first time it was localized in the US and Europe (although the translation was highly criticized).
The gameplay itself is pretty light for a tactical roleplaying game. The emphasis is far less about number crunching and stat watching, and more about just getting your characters into the right positions. Thus the game was marketed in some places as a casual-friendly strategy game.
Provides Examples Of:
- An Ice Person: There is a class of ice spells.
- Playing with Fire: There is a class of fire spells.
- Shock and Awe: There is a class of lightning spells.
- Squishy Wizard: Ylenne and her grandfather Lezail.
- Whole Costume Reference: One of the NPC sprite designs is wearing a Pimped-Out Dress very similar to this dress worn by Louise of Lorraine (wife of Henry III of France).