Assassin's Creed: Rebellion is a free-to-play 2½D strategy/RPG/action game for iOS and Android devices set in the Assassin's Creed franchise. It was developed by Behaviour Interactive and published by Ubisoft, and was released in November 2018.
The game follows the Spanish Assassins under Aguilar de Nerha at the time of the Inquisition, and features famous Assassins such as Ezio Auditore da Firenze, Shao Jun, Claudia Auditore and Niccolò Machiavelli, along with more than 30 new characters to unlock created exclusively for Rebellion.
Assassin's Creed: Rebellion provides examples of the following tropes:
- 2½D: The game's graphic style, with 3D graphics and 2D motion.
- Damager, Healer, Tank: The three classes — Shadow, Specialist and Enforcer — fill these roles, with three sub-specializations for each class.
- Crossover: Ezio Auditore (the ancestral hero of Assassin's Creed II, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and Assassin's Creed: Revelations), travels to Granada and meets Aguilar de Nerha, the ancestral hero of the 2016 Assassin's Creed film. Also counts for the many non-Spanish Assassins who appeared in previous games and join the Spanish Brotherhood in Rebellion.
- An Interior Designer Is You: As the player levels up their brotherhood, additional rooms and other content become available, opening up new upgrade options.
- Player Headquarters: The game features a headquarters for the Brotherhood where Assassins can be trained and new items and equipment can be crafted. As the player levels up the Brotherhood, additional rooms and other content become available, opening up new upgrade options.