Assassin is a series of flash games and animations hosted on Newgrounds.com. The series is dedicated to humiliate or beat up annoying and self centered celebrities, viral stars, and cartoon characters.
Have you ever wanted to humiliate a celebrity that thinks their shit doesn't stink? Want to kill an annoying little bastard from Nick Jr? Then Newgrounds has got you covered! Since the mid 1990s, Newgrounds users have been making just the thing to give these types of haters much needed stress relief.
Mission Objectives: Leave No Trope Behind
- Ass Shove: If you choose the Dr. Pepper route in "pepsi girl wheel of death" Dr Enema will... shove an air pump where the sun doesn't shine in Pepsi Girl. She doesn't pop, but comically deflates like a balloon.
- Blush Sticker: The Pepsi Girl is drawn with pink cheeks.
- But Thou Must!: Some games begin with the player being asked if they choose to accept or decline the mission. Nothing will happen if you click on decline, so you must press "Accept."
- The Cameo: When you finally take on Big Brown Beary, various cartoon characters appear captured or dead, Winnie the Pooh's head is on a plate, you can see Yogi Bear's corpse, Brother and Sister Bear are tied up, and a Furby is in the microwave.
- Continuity Nod: Said Furby is a reference to a game where one of the ways you could kill Furby was by putting him in a microwave.
- Depraved Kids' Show Host:
- Big Brown Beary in Pico vs Bear
- Steve in blueclue's clue is also presented as this. He is shown flipping you off. When you enter the Blue's Clues house, he will say "I wasn't playing with myself in the bathtub!"
- Dirty Coward: In K-Fed: Dancing with Fire, after taking off a bar of his health, Britney Spears, his then-wife, will appear. Kevin will hide behind her to protect himself from attacks. You need to knock the baby out of her hands then punch her in the face to make her drop it. Kevin will then be open to attacks again.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Taylor Hanson's looks are mocked in the Assassinate Hanson game. Their infomation in the Assassin folder even says that "Taylor is almost too cute to shoot."
- Freeze-Frame Bonus: The picture frames in Bary's house have messages that can only be viewed by zooming in. One of the frames lampshades this, as it says: "If you can read this, you are zooming in too close."
- Grandfather Clause: It's the oldest series of flashes on the site, and the one that kickstarted it, so it remains even as the rest of the site expanded beyond Vulgar Humor.
- Ground Pound: Kong can crush celebrites with his ass in "KONG KICKS ASS"
- Just Eat Him: One of the ways King Kong can kill a celebrity is by eating them.
- Killer Doll: In Pico vs Bear, Hoe-Joe's doll, Hoe-Bear, will fly around the room and shock Pico if he shoots Hoe-Joe directly. You need to destroy the doll first before killing Hoe-Joe.
- Life Meter: In Pico vs Bear. If you enter the right room after killing Hoe-Joe, Shadow will try to eat it!
- Loony Fan: Chris Crocker complains about people hating on Britney Spears just like in the videos that made him (internet) famous.
- Ludicrous Gibs: Well, that's what happens when you put an annoying celebrity in a blender...
- Made of Iron: Even though it's called "pepsi girl wheel of death", Pepsi Girl never dies. She just gets dizzy from all the attacks.
- Magic Negro: Miz Cleo tries to portray herself as this, but, as the game is mocking her, it falls short.
- Never Mess with Granny: An Indian grandmother gets annoyed at the "Wurizon" guy calling her in "Kill the Wurizon Guy!", so she takes matters in her own hands.
- Punny Name: The parodies of the residents of The Big Blue House have names refering to curse words or their general behavior. Ojo becomes "Hoe-Joe", Pip and Pop becomes "Piss and Poop", Tutter becomes "Titty", and Treelo becomes "Creepo".
- Puzzle Boss: Both Shadow and the final stage of Bear in "Pico Vs. Bear" require the player to shoot objects in the room to defeat them.
- Shock and Awe: On of R2-FU's ways of killing Leonardo Di Caprio is by shocking him.
- Would Hurt a Child: Kid celebrities, like Hanson and Brangelina's kids are not spared in these parodies.