Arkanoid vs. Space Invaders is a free-to-play mobile game developed by Taito. The game is a crossover of Arkanoid and Space Invaders as it combines elements of both games. While service for the game had ended in Japan in 2016, the game was later re-released worldwide, though now as a paid game, on May 17, 2017.
This game has examples of:
- Alien Invasion: Like in Space Invaders, the titular invaders are attacking, and you must use your Vaus to reflect the attacks back at them.
- Attack Reflector: The Vaus is used to shoot the projectiles straight back at the invaders.
- Big Good: Nadia Vivie.
- Massively Multiplayer Crossover: Features characters from a variety of Taito games, as well as two Original Generation characters mentioned below.
- Original Generation: Nadia Vivie and Niko Kanzaki. The former would later make an appearance as a selectable Navigator in Groove Coaster 3EX: Dream Party and would also become the mascot for Taito's online crane game.
- Poison Mushroom: On Hard mode, fake powerups may appear on occasion to hinder the player. They range from shrinking the Vaus, stunning the Vaus for a few seconds, encasing the invaders and blocks in indestructible gold, or slowing the Vaus down.
- Sequel Hook: After defeating all the invaders, the true ending has the invaders staging their next attack on the nearby galaxy. You and Nadia agree to fight the invaders together.
- Suddenly Voiced: Previously unvoiced characters now have voiceovers in this game. The most notable examples would have to be Proco, Riga Practica, and Ti2.