As the title suggests, you play as a rampaging giant ape and your goal is to escape a facility while smashing through human guards.
This game provides examples of:
- Alien Blood: While all the guards have normal red blood, the ape's blood glows neon colors.
- Big Labyrinthine Building: Disc 2 has you starting at the 30th floor of a skyscraper and splattering your way to the ground floor.
- Fire-Breathing Weapon: Some of the human opponents wield flamethrowers.
- Grievous Harm with a Body: Once you grab a guard, you can use him as a projectile.
- Killer Gorilla: You play as one.
- Ludicrous Gibs: The fate of the guards that you throw against the walls.
- Minimalism: The game's art style.
- Papa Wolf: The bonus level has you breaking into a facility to rescue a baby gorilla and escaping.
- Pacifist Run: The "Pacifist" achievement, where you have to complete an album without killing any guards.
- Technical Pacifist: If a guard youre holding as a human shield shoots a fellow guard, it doesnt count against you for the Pacifist achievement.
- Video Game Caring Potential/Video Game Cruelty Potential: In the final level of Disc 4, you've been captured and are being held in a zoo. As you escape, you can smash cages holding other dangerous wildlife like bears, snakes, and lions to let them take their own revenge on the guards. It's up to you whether this counts as caring or cruelty.