The game's premise is inspired by Yume Nikki. As the titular protagonist Amihailu "Mimi" Dugashoba, the player must explore worlds within paintings in order to help her and her friends solve mysteries and escape from the fantasy world they are trapped in.
This game makes use of the following Tropes:
- Acid-Trip Dimension: The dream/fantasy world.
- Aerith and Bob: Character names range from Mikhail and Chun, to Evkani and Ksenia.
- Art Shift: Different worlds are portrayed from different perspectives, ranging from straight top-down view common to RPG Maker games, to a much more isometric perspective.
- Dialogue Tree: Amihailu sometimes gets to ask a few questions in this manner. One response can also straight-up lead to a normal ending.
- Dream Land: Albeit one that appears to trap multiple people within it.
- Fan Sequel: Has an article on the Yume Nikki Fangames Wiki.
- Cat Girl: One of the characters in the dream world has pretty visible cat ears on her sprite.
- Little Bit Beastly: Out of the minor characters, there's a girl with cat ears, and a boy with rabbit ones.
- Mental World: Clearing puzzles in the world also affects Amihailu's mental clarity.
- Multiple Endings: There's an ending where Amihailu uses a talisman to immediately get back home and wake up as if nothing has happened and there's an ending where she hangs around a bit longer to team up with the others wearing talismans and banish the villain, before they all get to wake up normally.
- Precision F-Strike: By one of the floating ghost heads:Rabbit boy is a liar! He's a liar, it's my fucking house!
- Shout-Out: At one point, you discover a pay phone with "in case of emergency, call Saul" there.
- Slashed Throat: It eventually turns out that the game's antagonist slashed his own throat so that he could go to hell and make a deal with demons to run the dream land.