Amatoria is an adult RPG Maker game with a heavy emphasis on blood and gore. It was released by Adrian Zamora (under the name Lightin Dark Games) during the Valentine's Day in 2008.
Valentine's Day is coming and Luisa isn't too happy about it. Until she receives a phone call from her best friend, Beatriz. She has set up a date for her and her brother Hector in the Amatoria motel. Luisa is excited about spending the night with the boy she loves....only to find out Hector is gone and someone locked her up in the motel. Who locked her up? Where is Hector? What's going on?
The games were released in Spanish and Italian, but the links have been lost to time. However, there are still gameplays about them on Youtube.
This game provides examples of:
- Adults Are Useless: In this case, worse than useless. Teresa's husband divorced from her after he found she was sexually abusing Hector and thinks leaving his children with her is a good idea.
- Ax-Crazy: Teresa. At first she looks like a nice and gentle woman. Turns out she's a psychopathic sexual sadist that has been raping her son for years and wants to kill her daughter because she sees her as a love rival. Luisa in-universe even calls her "crazy".
- Also, the more Luisa investigates the motel, the more she shows how psychotic and obsessed with Hector she is.
- The Bad Guy Wins: In the Normal Ending, Teresa succesfully manipulates Luisa into killing Beatriz and gets away with her actions. Ah, and she continues raping Hector.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Teresa seems like an affable and gentle woman. In reality, she's a homicidal psychopath who doesn't give a shit about anyone but herself and Hector, manipulating everyone in order to get rid of her daughter and have Hector all to herself. She kept the charade so well that Beatriz has a hard time believing this when Luisa tells her the truth.Luisa: "That's right! She wants you dead...and she used me to bring her plans into fruition."
Beatriz: "What are you talking about? My mother would never do something like that! She's so kind."
- Bros Before Hoes: Luisa might be dangerously psychotic and obsessed with Hector, but once she finds out he's been raping Beatriz for years, she decides that he has to go.
- BrotherSister Incest: Hector is in love with his sister Beatriz.
- Cassandra Truth: In the Normal Ending, when Luisa finds a naked Beatriz in Hector's bed, she tells her that he's been raping her for years and she loves Luisa instead. Luisa thinks it's a cheap excuse to save her own skin and kills her. The True Ending shows she wasn't lying.
- Desperately Craves Affection: Hector is sexually abused by his mother and his father walked off from the family after finding out, so Hector finds a way out of his traumatic daily life by clinging onto Beatriz as his Living Emotional Crutch....at least until he began raping her.
- Does Not Like Men: Beatriz is shown to be uncomfortable around men and tries to avoid her brother when she can. Justified, considering what Hector does to her.
- Dressed Like a Dominatrix: Teresa, for her....night encounters with Hector.
- Eye Scream: How Hector kills Luisa in the Normal Ending.
- Freudian Excuse: Hector had been sexually abused by his mother for years, while Beatriz was his only real human contact, making him GROSSLY dependent on her. Years later, this has developed into an extremely unhealthy fixation to the point that he does to her what his own mother does to him.
- Irony: In the Normal Ending, Luisa accuses Beatriz of planting explicit photos of her and Hector around the motel so she'll get disgusted enough and change her mind about him. Turns out that's Teresa's motivation.
- If It's You, It's Okay: Luisa is madly in love with Hector, but in the True Ending, she's okay with Beatriz confessing her feelings for her.
- Living Emotional Crutch: Hector saw Beatriz as his emotional support, after his mother started sexually abusing him. Then he began raping her.
- Beatriz confesses in the True Ending that her love for Luisa is a great part of what makes her keep her sanity for so long after years of Hector raping her.
- Love Triangle: In Teresa's eyes, she thinks she has to compete with her own daughter Beatriz over her son Hector, when in reality Beatriz is being sexually abused by Hector and doesn't want anything to do with him.
- In the Normal Ending, Luisa concludes she's in one with Beatriz over Hector and decides to Murder the Hypotenuse. It ends up badly.
- Madness Mantra: Luisa tends to do this whenever she's upset.(after finding out a photograph of Beatriz and Hector having sex) What's this?! What's this? What's this?! What's this? Disgusting! Disgusting! Disgusting! SIBLINGS! SIBLINGS! THEY'RE SIBLINGS! BEATRIZ IS A SLUT! BEATRIZ IS A SKANK! BEATRIZ IS A LIAR! I HATE YOU, BEATRIZ! I HATE YOU! HECTOR FUCK ME INSTEAD! HECTOR FUCK ME INSTEAD! HECTOR FUCK ME INSTEAD!
- Mood-Swinger: Luisa goes back and forth between being cheerful, sad, or crazy.
- Multiple Endings:
- Normal Ending - Revenge: Luisa confronts Beatriz after finding the explicit photos and concludes that she has to kill Beatriz so that Hector will be hers. Hector kills Luisa upon finding out and Teresa gets away with her deeds.
- True Ending - Protector: Luisa finds Teresa's diary and sees Teresa and Hector's true colors. She decides her friendship with Beatriz is more important than Hector and kills Teresa. She also rapes and kills Hector in retribution for all those years he abused his sister. Beatriz can now have a happy life with Luisa at her side.
- Never My Fault: Teresa is annoyed with Hector's affection towards Beatriz and blames her daughter for this. She never thinks that the reason Hector became like this was a result of years of raping him.
- No-Tell Motel: The Amatoria motel.
- Spit-Trail Kiss: Luisa finds a photo of young Hector and Beatriz that comes out like this.
- Stepford Smiler: Beatriz and Hector, who are very popular at school but are actually extremely miserable with their lives.
- Parental Incest: Hector has been raped repeatedly by his mother since he was a child. In the True Ending, she even confesses she's been lusting after him since he was born.
- Too Dumb to Live: After killing Beatriz in the Normal Ending, Luisa thinks it's a good idea to tell Hector what she just did. He gouges her eyes off for her trouble.
- Wham Line: If you get the Normal Ending.Teresa: "That's it, my boy. Keep going. Keep going. Harder. Harder. Gimme more. Gimme more. Come! Come! COME INSIDE MOMMY!"
- Yandere: Luisa. However, as the story progresses it's revealed Teresa and Hector are worse than her.
- Your Makeup Is Running: Happens to Luisa, Beatriz and Teresa whenever they're upset. It only serves to make the game more creepy.