Alpiner is a 1982 mountain-climbing game for the TI-99/4A Home Computer. The player races to climb six peaks of increasing height: Mt. Hood, Matterhorn, Kenya, McKinley, Garmo and Everest. Obstacles to ascent include trees, brush fires, wild animals, avalanches, and the Abominable Snowman.
- Bigfoot, Sasquatch and Yeti: At the top of Mt. Everest is the Abominable Snowman—on skis!
- Death Mountain: The entire game.
- Hard Mode Filler: The eighteen levels consist of the same six mountains repeating with faster falling hazards and decreasing time limits.
- Public Domain Soundtrack: "Anitra's Dance" by Edvard Grieg.
- Scaling the Summit: Your goal as a mountain climber in the game.