Alien Quarantine is a 2013 video game for mobile phones and smartphones by Gameloft. In it, you take control of Jason, a mercenary who has to take on several aliens on a ship with six types of weaponry, meeting other characters along the way. Each level also has 5 blood samples to collect, the amount of which you get for each level is determined by how well you perform.
This game provies examples of:
- 100% Completion: The game can be fully cleared by getting all 390 blood samples, which requires you to perform very well on every level.
- Advancing Wall of Doom: Some levels have a dark-red blob which covers the stage behind you at a startling pace. Walking on it results in you taking damage.
- Air-Vent Passageway: If a door is closed, Jason may need to crawl through a vent filled with enemies to proceed. He can't fight back inside, though.
- Black Blood: Aliens bleed green blood.
- Forced Tutorial: The game starts with several tutorials describing basic controls, the mission system, the upgrade system etc. and you can't skip any of them.
- One Steve Limit: Averted. Alice is the name of both an A.I. and a doctor (who admittedly named the A.I. after herself). Jason remarks that it's a bit strange.
- Regenerating Health: Medical Armor lets Jason recover HP automatically.
- Taste of Power: You start with some very powerful weapon, but it gets quickly taken away as it's unauthorised and you have to buy a weaker authorised weapon.