Alchademy is a Mobile Phone Game released in 2016 by HyperBeard Games. It's an Idle Game in which players mix ingredients in a Magic Cauldron to create more ingredients, which in turn become "creations".
There are five books, each containing different ingredients and creations to use. You don't mix the ingredients yourself - the mixing is done by little alchemists. At first, there is only one alchemist you can use, an anthropomorphic fox named Foxy, but as you get money, you can buy many more alchemists. Some are Funny Animals, some are monsters, but all of them are adorable!
Aside from choosing two ingredients to try mixing, the game doesn't have much in the way of gameplay. However, you can watch ads to earn money or skip waiting for the alchemist to finish waiting. You can also pop the bubbles that come out of the cauldron. Some contain money! Also, the alchemists will frequently "speak" to you with speech bubbles. Some quips are specific to a certain alchemist, some are said by all of them.
This game contains examples of:
- Anti-Frustration Features:
- When you put two ingredients in the cauldron, the water will change color to show if you've already tried that combination or not.
- You don't have to wait for mixtures that are going to fail. If you choose two ingredients that aren't going to mix, no timer appears, and the mixture is finished in just a few seconds. This way, you know that, if the timer does appear, you've picked ingredients that are mixable, and the game doesn't waste your time waiting for non-mixable ones.
- Anti Poop-Socking: The alchemists will frequently suggest that you do other things while you wait for them to finish mixing.
- Arachnid Appearance and Attire: Sacha is a spider girl who wears a cloak made from web.
- Bears Are Bad News: Subverted with Beatrice the bear. She looks a little scary with her baggy eyelids and visible fangs, but she is just as passive as the other alchemists.
- Bedsheet Ghost: Aughosto is a little ghost with a white robe and hood.
- Call a Rabbit a "Smeerp": One of the creations, the Battus, is described exactly like a normal real world bat, appearance notwithstanding.
- Clucking Funny: In contrast to most of the other alchemists, who look just a little creepy, Chicha is a plump, silly-looking chicken. She admits to the player that she sometimes tries to drink the cauldron's water when no one is looking.
- Cold Flames:
- Flayme, an alchemist whose body is made of fire, states that he can control his flames so that they don't burn everything they touch.
- The Fire Larva's fire is described as aesthetic only, and it doesn't actually burn.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Most of the alchemists look somewhat creepy, but all of them are very friendly.
- Healing Factor: As an axolotl, Juan mentions that he has the ability to regenerate missing limbs.
- Magic Cauldron: The alchemists mix ingredients in one.
- One-Word Title: Also presumably a Portmantitle by fusing "Alchemy" and "Academy".
- Portmantitle: Presumably by fusing "Alchemy" and "Academy". Also a One-Word Title
- Product Placement: One possible dialogue option from the alchemists is "I heard that KleptoCats game was pretty good." KleptoCats is a game by the same developers.
- Pumpkin Person: Javier is a creature with a jack o' lantern head.
- Seldom-Seen Species: Juan is an axolotl.
- Foxy tells the player that she doesn't say anything like "Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding!"
- The alchemists will sometimes say "I'm filled with determination... to keep stirring!" They will also say that they like robes, because they're comfy and easy to wear.
- Javier, a Pumpkin Person, will say "The entrance to my town is a tree in a hidden forest!"
- One item is a little blue hedgehog with red shoes. It's called "Sanic" as both a reference to Sonic the Hedgehog and a memetic version of Sonic called Sanic Hegehog.
- One item is a little hooded creature with a mask called a Shame-Dude. It's clearly based on the Shy Guys.
- One item is a one-eyed creature with a yellow triangle floating above its head. It's called "Cill Bipher", a clear reference to Bill Cipher.
- One item, the Janaqua, looks almost exactly like a Slime from Dragon Quest.
- One creation looks like a Gengar, and the creators probably agree as well, since it is named "Genguardian".
- Supernatural Gold Eyes: Some of the alchemists, such as Foxy and Ramiro, have golden eyes that add to their mystical appearances.
- Sweet Tooth: Candy is a pink sheep whose outfit is decorated with candies. She herself says that she loves eating candy, especially cotton candy.
- Thieving Magpie: Discussed. Ramiro, an alchemist who resembles a raven, will occasionally state that he "likes shiny things."