An Epic Battle Fantasy side-story featuring Matt rescuing Natz from Lance. Unlike the main series and its RPG gameplay, Adventure Story is instead an action platformer.
- Attack Reflector: Some projectiles and even quite a few enemies can be deflected by your sword attacks. There are achievements related to this, too!
- Boss Arena Recovery: Most bosses summon mooks which drop mana and health recovery bubbles to keep you supplied during the fight in a Cave Story-ish manner.
- Boss Rush: Completing the game unlocks one, along with a "Foe Rush" which has rooms of the regular enemies from each level. Interestingly, in the boss rush, the arenas have been upgraded to make the fights much harder.
- Essence Drop: Enemies drop hearts and green bubbles, which restore your health and mana, respectively.
- Fire, Ice, Lightning: The main magic abilities the player can use are a fire attack that lowers an enemy's defense, an ice attack that freezes enemies, and a lightning attack that deals damage with no secondary effect.
- Half the Man He Used to Be: Obsidian Idols split in half after taking a certain amount of damage. This doesn't kill them.
- Last Lousy Point: Certain single coins or far-off chests can be this.
- Life Meter: Only Matt, the protagonist, has such a meter, which is a Heart Symbol, making it also Hearts Are Health.
- No-Damage Run: There is an achievement for defeating a boss this way.
- Non-Lethal Bottomless Pits: Falling into a pit inflicts a fixed amount of damage depending on difficulty, ranging from 5 on Easy to 20 on Epic. Knocking enemies into pits tends to kill them instantly.
- Parasol of Pain: The last hidden item is a surprisingly good weaponized umbrella.
- Parasol Parachute: Jumping in midair with this equipped will slow Matt's descent on top of the above.
- Spikes of Doom: Downplayed; hitting spikes deals as much damage as falling into Non-Lethal Bottomless Pits (a whopping 20 on Epic, though), but doesn't instantly kill you unless you don't have enough health to sustain the damage.
- You can force enemies into the spikes to gradually damage them. There's even an achievement for it!
- The "Temper" skill reduces damage taken from hitting spikes, unlike with bottomless pits, as it raises your defense.
- Treasure Room: There's one after each Boss Battle in.
- Vague Hit Points: A platformer, which as typical for the genre, has enemies that usually die in few enough hits that listing Hit Points isn't useful.