Nothing is absolute.
In 2374, an explosion occurs at Europa City and crystalline aliens begin to pour out of the crater and attack the colonists on the moon's surface. With military help being weeks away, the surviving miners and security staff retrofit their vehicles to fight back against the alien threat.
This video game has examples of:
- Alien Autopsy: A captured alien reveals some information about their biology and technology.
- BFG: Fusion Cannons, able to decimate any opponent in one or two shots. Too bad it is only usable in one mission.
- Captured Super-Entity: Early in the game an alien "Scorpion" is captured to study.
- Corporate Warfare: Meanwhile in the inner planets, mega-corporations are warring with each other and Earth Authority.
- Deflector Shields: The aliens have shields equipped to their bodies, human engineers reverse engineer a captured alien to provide shields for their vehicles.
- Dug Too Deep: The aliens were woken up by mining operations.
- Eldritch Abomination: Axon.
- Frickin' Laser Beams: Both the Laserlance and Pulse Laser need to be leaded in order to hit targets.
- Gatling Good: The Gatling Blaster launches a barrage of subatomic particles.
- Hive Mind: Implied that the aliens are all connected telepathically.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Toshiro Watanabe flies into an alien craft to save the Magrail and the evacuating colonists.
- It's the Only Way to Be Sure: Earth Authority decided that it would be better to completely wipe out Europa to stop the alien threat with a Moebius Bomb.
- Improvised Weapon: Most of the weapons the humans use are modified mining tools.
- Mega-Corp: At this point in humanity, mega-corporations rule instead of governments.
- Mind Rape: Everyone on Europa is subject to low-level psychic attacks causing violence between the colonists.
- Nicknaming the Enemy: The Kryt.
- Overheating: Most weapons after sustained fire.
- Psychic Powers: How the aliens nullify gravity and power their weapons.
- Rail Shooter: Some levels you are in control of a turret while someone else drives the vehicle.
- Ramming Always Works: Running into an alien craft will always destroy it while doing a small amount of damage to your vehicle.
- Silicon-Based Life: What the aliens are made of.
- Starfish Aliens
- Subsystem Damage: Taking damage can sometimes cause parts of your HUD to go haywire.