Leo Joseph Ryan Jr. (May 5, 1925 - November 18, 1978) was an American teacher and politician who was a Democratic member of the House of Representatives from 1973 to 1978. He previously served in the US Navy from 1943 to 1946.
He had five children.
Ryan was killed along several others in 1978 at the age of 53 while investigating Jonestown.
- USA/From Where We Stand: Readings in Contemporary American Problems
- Understanding California Government and Politics
- NATO, pressures from the southern tier: report of a study mission to Europe
- Vietnam and Korea: Human Rights and U.S. assistance
- The United States oil shortage and the Arab-Israeli Conflict
MediaLive Action Film
- Guyana Crime Of The Century: The movie, which ostensibly features a retelling of the Jonestown massacre with the names of the people involved in it slightly tweaked, features Gene Barry as his Expy, "Lee O'Brien".
- Guyana Tragedy: The Story of Jim Jones: He is played by Ned Beatty.
Live Action Television
- Seconds from Disaster: An episode depicts his investigation and death in Jonestown.