- Whateley Universe:
- There's a teenager at Whateley Academy named Harry Wolfe. He looks like a werewolf. His family is cursed, so the boys look like werewolves. Who the heck gives his kid a name like that under those circumstances?
- His father, who has reddish fur, is named Red. There has been speculation that the horrible names are actually part of the curse.
- Survival of the Fittest:
- Adonis Zorba. Utter Narm.
- The 'famously monogomous' girl around Bayview Secondary School...Paige Single.
- From Virtua we have the name Sycanus Appletin. Pretty self explanatory.
- Really, most of the names on the site are things no sane human would ever name their child.
- Homestar Runner. Two words: Integral article. Explaining the site to new people is difficult simply because rendering the characters' names is so confusing.
- Bubs' full name is Bubs Concession Stand. Seriously.
- In the Strong Bad Email "kids' book", Strong Bad sees the sender has signed his name "Steven Buttz" and says "Nevermind, I'm not even gonna touch that one."
- In the email "bottom 10", Number 3 on Strong Bad's list is the trend of "giving chocolate desserts dangerous names" like "This Brownie Might Kill You!" and "the least appetizing name of all, Chocozuma's Revenge."
- The Cinema Snob says in his review of Ax 'Em that all you need to do to make your name sound less dignified is add "DJ" to the beginning. But when your Christian name is already "Doublecut Master Slice-em-up Dice-em-up", you don't have far to fall.
- The Malaysian word for "post" (as in, postal service) is "pos", originating from a shoddy transliteration of the English word. No surprise then that they chose the URL www.pos.com.my for their website.
- In a Shout-Out to Megamind and as a nod to her egotism, The Nostalgia Chick basically called her Precious Puppy "minion".
- In The Nostalgia Critic's review of After Earth, NC can't get through saying Will Smith's character's name, Cypher Raige, without breaking down laughing.
- Ultra Fast Pony. In "The Best Episode Ever", the main cast put on a play. Rainbow Dash is cast as the historical pegasus general, Flying Monkey Style. And Fluttershy is cast as her second-in-command, Flying Monkey Crap.Flying Monkey Crap: Also, can I have a different name? This one kinda hurts my self-esteem.
Flying Monkey Style: Nah.
- The Irate Gamer's real name, Chris Bores. Considering how infamous his series is, this opens up the opportunity for cheap jokes such as "Chris Bores me to death."
- Where the Bears Are has a character named Nelson. Nelson Dorkoff.
- The original character Bellezza Felutia, drawn by felutiahime, a male character who crossdresses. His name can be easily mutated to "Bellezza Fellatio". Fanart involving Felutia and that eight-letter word exists and we'll leave it at that.
- In Friendship is Witchcraft, the name of Celestia's sister is...Molestia. (The 'Mo' part is supposed to be short for 'moon'.)
- The Angry Video Game Nerd has Fred Fuchs, credited in the game based on Bram Stoker's Dracula. It's actually pronounced "Fooks". He later encountered a Game Boy accessory made by STD.The Nerd: STD? STD!? WHO IN THE RIGHT MIND WOULD NAME THEIR GAME COMPANY, STD!?
- In the case of "Unfortunate Usernames", many a Twitter user can get bombarded with unexpected mentions for choosing an acronym famous people go by, something as "theashes" ("I am not a freaking cricket match!") or "fifa" (specially once the FIFA scandals kicked in), or a famous surname.
- Spoof journalist Jonathan Pie could not keep a straight face while talking about a woman named Sue Fish until his director pointed out that he wasn't any better off.
- In the first episode of The Adventure Zone, the Griffin is repeatedly incredulous that Justin wants to call his wizard "Taako". Justin justifies it by suggesting that Taako has a Mexican food theme.
- Sword Art Online Abridged has a character named Schmitt, as in the original. Unlike the original, this one is a web reviewer with divisive opinions whose show is called "Piece of Schmitt Games".
- In a one-off episode of Game Grumps, Arin makes Dan play an old flash game called "F**k Mr. Hatcher". Dan doesn't know why Arin wanted him to play it, but we find out very quickly that it's because it's a gay porn game and the main character is a young man with extremely disturbing ideas of fun and a desire to have sex with his best friend's dad. His name also happens to be Dan. Real Dan is not pleased.
- Hazbin Hotel has a girl named Vaggie as one of the main characters. Justified as she was a prostitute before she went to hell so it could have been a nickname.
Unfortunate Names / Web Original