Here's a song that I made for someone like you. It's called "Report Siht the Idiot".
- "Hot N Cold" by Katy Perry; it's in the lyrics!
- "Love Me for Me" by Ashlee Simpson is this.
- "I love you, I hate you, you've never wanna know what I've been through
Till you walking over broken glass to get to me, that's when I'll let you stay."
- The Gomez song "Girlshapedlovedrug" (lyrics) seems to be a love song to a tsundere.
- "She's Always A Woman" by Billy Joel.
- Also "Laura".
- These lyrics come to mind: 'Cause you're my lady/I'm your fool/it makes me crazy when you act so cruel. From the song Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go by Wham!
- One Direction's "Na Na Na" portrays a relationship of two tsunderes.
- The lines "We've got a bit of love-hate, you take me to the edge then you hit the brakes/ I say it's over one day/ but then I'm crawling back begging you to stay" and "Some people say it's so wrong/ but even when we fight, girl, you turn me on" are textbook tsundere descriptions.
- The song "Loco (Tu forma de ser)" by Argentinian group Los Autenticos Decadentes is pretty much a love theme dedicated to a hardcore Harsh Tsundere with some dashes of Cute Clumsy Girl.
- The song "La mia ragazza mena" (="my girlfriend fights") by Italian group Articolo 31 is from the perspective of a guy who describes his relationship with a Harsh Tsundere.
- "She Likes (Bittersweet Love)" by Forever The Sickest Kids is about one of these. 'She likes, she likes, she likes to fight and make up/ She likes, she likes, she likes to be alone/ She likes, she likes the heartache of a breakup/ She likes, she likes to be my bittersweet love.'
- The subject of the song "Underneath It All" by No Doubt seems to be a male Harsh type showing his dere side.
- "Blender" by The Pretty Reckless is from the point of view of a Harsh type.
- "Keeps Getting Better" by Christina Aguilera reads like the image song of a Harsh Tsundere.
- P!nk has done this not once but twice. The first time was with "Leave Me Alone (I'm Lonely)", in which she can't decide whether she wants the guy around or not—Can't Live With Him, Can't Live Without Him. Not exactly sure what type of Tsundere this is, probably leaning towards sweet because she still seems to love him and is merely trying to Invoked "absence makes the heart grow fonder". Then in her newest single, "Please Don't Leave Me", she plays a definite Harsh type. I'm pretty sure that this is the only love song to ever refer to the beloved as "my perfect little punching bag".
- The music video for "Please Don't Leave Me", on the other hand, depicts a Yandere trying to make her ex stay in her home through various violent means.
- True Love (feat. Lily Allen), is this. "Sometimes I hate every single word you say/ sometimes I wanna slap you and your whole face/ at the same time I wanna hug you/ I wanna wrap my hands around your neck". See?
- The song "Girl" by The Beatles is about a girl, who has the habit of dissing the guy around her friends, coolly taking compliments in stride, and bursting into tears when he talks about leaving her. At the end of the song, the singer wonders if she considers this some kind of philosophy, and muses that her mood swings will be the death of him.
- The Click Five:
- "Just the Girl" by Click Five. The guy adores a tsundere especially when she's tsun-tsun.
- "Jenny", the girl in the song keeps going back and forth from dere-dere to tsun-tsun.
- Gugure Kasu/Go Google It, a Vocaloid song by Megurine Luka and Kamui Gakupo, features a very tsundere Luka. If you count stabbing someone with a spork and denying your love for them as tsundere.
- Akita Neru is a specifically tsundere fanmade vocaloid. Many of her songs feature her singing about how much she hates the other vocaloids, and then taking it back in the end, saying that she really does love them, but cannot show it.
- Word of God states that Merli is a tsundere.
- The Hatsune Miku song "The World Is Mine" is sung from the view of the self-proclaimed "number one princess in the world!" Most of the song is spent bashing a boy, ordering him around and complaining that she's "not selfish," but she really just wants her "Prince" to hold her hand, take her out for sweets and call her cute.
- Another song, "Blushifying Phenomena 100%", also portrays Miku as a tsundere. It's about how she progresses from her tsun side to her dere side.
- Static-P's song "It's Not Like I Like You!!" is a classic Tsundere scenario that drops the trope by name - "My girl's a dere, a tsun-tsun dere!"
- Skye Sweetnam's "Tangled Up In Me". It's about a girl who has a crush on a guy, but is mean to him in order to win his affections."You wanna know more, more, more about me
I'm the girl who's kicking the coke machine
I'm the one that's honking at you cuz I left late again
Hey! Hey! Hey!
Can't you see I want you by the way I push you away, Ya!
Don't judge me tomorrow by the way I'm acting today
Mix the words up with the actions do it all for your reaction Ya!
Get tangled up in me."
- With lyrics like "You've won me over in spite of me" and "Don't be surprised if I love for all that you are/ I couldn't help it/ It's all your fault" Alanis Morissette's "Head Over Feet" appears to be about a former tsundere who used to be very Harsh, but after admitting her feelings becomes almost a pure deredere.
- Miley Cyrus' "7 Things". For the entire first half of the song, it's a girl going on and on about the "7 things she hates" about her boyfriend, and how their relationship is on the rocks, though she always ends her list with the fact that he 'makes her love him' as the 7th thing. Not only that, but at the very last chorus of the song, she goes into full deredere mode by listing the 7 things she likes about him.
- Sheryl Crow's "Strong Enough" is a song from the a POV of an archetypal Harsh type. A very tsuntsun woman wonders if her love interest is strong enough to handle the her tsuntsun tendencies; in the deredere chorus, she nearly begs him to be strong enough.
- "Never Fall in Love" by Jack Antonoff & MØ from Love, Simon is about a tsun person trying to deny their feelings of falling in love.
- "She's Killing Me" by A Rocket to the Moon seems to be about one ("She'll pick a fight for no good reason/She knows I'll never leave/I love her half to death/But she's killing me"). Prime example: "So I went out and bought her roses/ She complained about the thorns/ I caught her smiling/ And that's what I do it for."
- Jonathan Coulton's "Not about you" is a song, completely not about a girl a male tsundere still has a thing for after a break up. Some great tsundere lines: "And when I call you up, you're not home, well I might not even care." "And I saw you shopping at the grocery store, but I was far to busy with my cart to notice, you weren't looking at me."
- "Build Me Up, Buttercup," by The Foundations
- The subject of Walk The Moon's "Shut Up and Dance" definitely gives this vibe in the handful of lines she has."'Oh don't you dare look back.
Just keep your eyes on me.'
I said, 'You're holding back.'
She said, 'Shut up and dance with me!'"
- Hollywood Ending's "Not Another Song About Love" is from the viewpoint of a male tsundere denying his feelings for a girl. The first two choruses have him hating everything about his partner, despite her being "all that I've been dreaming of". By the final verse, he admits that he likes her and that the song is, in fact, "just another song about love".
- "Mimi Gets Mad" by Utopia, about a girl who always gets ticked off with the singer who is protrayed as less then perfect, but she still seems to care about him deeply ("But, then Mimi gets sad if I hurt myself"). She's Sweet, due to the bridge lyrics:"There must be a dozen other boys
She could give her anger to
I'm the only one, it doesn't matter what I do
It's not very pretty but it's absolutely true
That I'm still the best that she can do."
- The Rolling Stones song "Under My Thumb", where the narrator celebrates finally gaining leverage and making it with a Tsundere.
- The Garth Brooks song "She's Every Woman", referenced on the quotes page. So very, very much.
- Freedom Call's "Queen of My World" makes some reference to this trope with the "Queen" in the lyrics.
- Another male example appears to be the subject of Katy Perry's "Hot N Cold".
- "Every Other Time" by LFO.
- "Puppy Love" by Japanese Girl Group Perfume mentions "tsunderation" (see the translated lyrics).
- Orianthi's "Shut Up and Kiss Me" sounds like a song about Belligerent Sexual Tension, and she's the Tsundere."You miss my lips, my kiss, my laugh
The riffs on my guitar
The way we fight, we make up fast."
- The obscure Victor Herbert song "Peggy's a Creature of Moods." Two of Peggy's moods have verses to themselves, and they are the Irish brogue equivalents of deredere and tsuntsun.
- Elvis Presley's "Moody Blue":"Well, it's hard to be a gambler, bettin' on the number
That changes ev'ry time.
Well, you think you're gonna win, think she's givin' in
A stranger's all you find
Yeah, it's hard to figure out what she's all about
That she's a woman through and through
She's a complicated lady, so color my baby moody blue."
- The Fratellis and their "For The Girl" on both sides.
- Selena Gomez's "Round and Round" describes a male Tsundere of indeterminate type."You see me standing there
And act like you don't know me
But last night you were calling me
Saying you want me."
- The Cyril Tawney song 'Chicken On A Raft' (recently re-popularized by the viral website http://www.chickenonaraft.com/) makes reference to a girl whose "heart was like a pusser's shower,/ Run hot to cold in a quarter of an hour!"
- Taylor Swift's song "The Way I Loved You" alludes to a tsundere-like relationship in the chorus, as compared to a more traditional, nonviolent one she shares currently. It stands out, because most of her other songs carry a Unlucky Childhood Friend/I Want My Beloved to Be Happy feeling."But I miss
Screamin' and fightin' and kissin' in the rain
And it's two AM and I'm cursin' your name
You're so in love that you act insane
And that's the way I loved you."
- Irony by ClariS was the song used for the Oreimo opening; Translation goes here.
- Komiya Mao's "Tsundere no Uta", which is quite literally "The Tsundere Song".
- Bowling for Soup's "Not a Love Song" on the part of the singer.
- Space have written songs about both kinds. The girl in "Quiet Beach" seems to be a Harsh tsundere, and the girl in "The Ballad Of Tom Jones" is an extreme one. 'Turn Me On To Spiders', meanwhile, is about a Sweet type."She's scared of the spiders and she's scared of the dark
She's scared of the bogeymen in the park
But if anybody comes near me...she'll cut their fucking balls off."
- Nicki Minaj's "Right Thru Me" is definitely from the point of view of one of these:"What are we doing? Could you see through me?
'Cause you say, "Nicki," and I say, "Who? Me?"
And you say, "No you," and I say, "Screw you."
Then you start dressing and you start leaving
And I start crying, and I start screaming
The heavy breathin', but what's the reason?"
- Ludo's song "Love Me Dead" is practically a tsundere national anthem."Bitter and dumb, you're my sugarplum
You're awful, I love you."
- TenCc's song "I'm Not In Love"."I'm not in love
So don't forget it
It's just a silly phase I'm going through
And just because I call you up
Don't get me wrong,
Don't think you've got it made
I'm not in love."
- HoneyWorks song "Suki Kirai (Like, Dislike)" has this as Rin's opinion regarding Len:"I like you- I don't like you- I don't know- I don't like you
I like you- there's no other - I like you!
I don't know if I like you or don't like you
Like, dislike - it won't stop."
- Melanie Martinez's song "Playdate" has a "Tsun" chorus but ends "Dere"Tsun: "I don't give a fuck about you anyways
Whoever said I gave a shit 'bout you?
You never share your toys or communicate
I guess I'm just a play date to you."
Dere: "You know I give a fuck about you everyday
Guess it's time that I tell you the truth
If I share my toys, will you let me stay?
Don't want to leave this play date with you"
- Céline Dion once sang a duet with Luciano Pavarotti titled "I Hate You Then I Love You". Yeah, subtle.
You want to go back to the Main Article? Can't you get there on your own? Dimwit...here, I might as well give you a link. ...But I'm not doing this because I like you or anything. I just happened to have one lying around that I needed to get rid of! What do you mean, you don't believe me?! Why are you grinning like that?! AMSCRAY!! ...What a dolt...