Hi, I'm Damien Maymdien. Now, I know what you're probably thinking and I've heard it 100 times. People come up to me and they say, "Damien, why is the world so dumb and stupid?"
Let me give you a "for instance". Some girl, let's say her name is Sarah, is walking along with her #2 pencil facing upwards. Then, she trips over her shoes and that #2 pencil goes right through her eyeball and into her brain, and now she's eating applesauce through a straw the rest of her life.
Now, what was your question again? Oh right, the world is stupid. Want some bagels?
I sell bagels now.
Okay, cool, but I don't want any bagels, I just wanna know why-
Try some bagels!
I don't want any bagels.
Don't be a jerk!
A jer I just want answers!
What have you got against bagels?!
All right, fine! I'll take a dozen bagels, too, okay?!
Great! But the bagels won't be ready for an hour.
So why is the world so stupid? The reason is simple; The academic level of this cul-de-sac is dropping like a lead weight! If we don't provide ourselves with some kind of mental stimulation, we'll all be reduced to protoplasm! Look around you! Our break from school has turned us into lumbering, nonsensical ninnies! My apologies for being so blunt.
So what you're saying is... you're a dork?
am bad at introductions
Anyway, I am a Troper. I joined this site because I wanted to fix some pages for some of the more obscure shows I like
And that's it. That's all I got
- All in the Family: Had to do tons of reverse crosswicking. See the folders on the page? Those weren't there when I started.
- Doki: I'm guessing roughly 2/3 of the tropes on the page were added by me.
- Fishtronaut: Given the obscurity of the show, I'm surprised it even had a page. There was barely anything on it before I started editing, though.
- Green Acres: Added quite a few tropes. This show is amazing, so I thought it needed more examples.
- Petticoat Junction: Well, most of the work was on the trivia tab. I haven't gotten too far with the actual series yet.
- The Steve Harvey Show: Had a huge ZCE problem. I commented out some, added context to a few more, and added more tropes while I was at it.
- Willa's Wild Life: There were only two non-ZCE examples before I came around. I'm not quite done with it yet, but I added enough to keep the page from getting cut.
here's some tropes i guess
- Book-Ends: Done it several times. For example, this video begins and ends with a logo from Golden Book Video.
- Early Installment Weirdness: The earliest videos I've made don't have the fair use tag in the description.
- Also, most of the logos I uploaded first are film logos from India, with the occasional Chinese logo. My backlog has gotten much more varied since then.
- Long Title: I've dealt with a few:
- Third Eye Post Production Studios
- Zespół Realizatorów Filmowych RYTM
- 20th Century-Fox Film Corporation/Cinemascope
- Four Aces Entertainment Network Limited
- Clean VCD Records Home Entertainment
- Compagnie Commerciale Française Cinematographique
- Ugrachandi Mai Films and Creative Arts
- The longest one yet is Film Bureau, State Administration of Press, Publication, Radio, Film and Television.
- And this is without getting into some of the logo combos.
- Someone made a compilation.
- The Movie: The first video I've ever uploaded, The Former Nightmare Logo Collection, clocks in at an nearly hour and 20 minutes. It's also the longest video I've uploaded.
- There's also the Cheesy Logo Parlor videos, which come up to about 50 minutes. Each. And there's three of them. With a fourth on the way.
- The title of the eighth Rough Cuts video is "80s Invasion", but in the video, it's referred to as Rough Cuts Rocks The 80s.
- The warning on the remade Best/Worst Logos videos reads: Funnily enough, this is my opinion. Don't get your [X] in a twist."
- Signing Off Catchphrase: "This video was produced under fair use; I own nothing." Abandoned after a few copyright troubles led to me realizing YouTube doesn't care about fair use.
- Something Completely Different: Teletoon Original Productions (1997-2019) was the first non-logo video on the channel. It's basically a list of the shows that aired on Teletoon. It's currently also the most popular video on the channel.
- Special Effects Failure: A lot of the logos in general have some form of this. In fact, I have a whole series of videos dedicated to showing of some very bad offenders.
- Station Ident: They're basically the same as regular logos, but they're for TV channels. Of course there tons of them featured on the channel. [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpdsGC57zss Here's a video that's nothing but station IDs.
- Vanity Platenote : Almost exclusively. The whole point of the channel is to showcase rare-ish film logos.
- Black Sheep Hit: That Teletoon video I madenote ? It's currently the only video of mine to break 20,000 views. The YTV video is in second place.
- Development Hell: The Former Nightmare Logo Collection, the first video I ever uploaded, was finished around summer 2018, but there were certain setbacks that caused it to be delayed to January 2019.
- Screwed by the Lawyers: I've gotten numerous copyright claims, and some of the compilations did get blocked. I managed to get them all unblocked, though.
- A couple of them are still blocked in Poland though. There's also a video that got blocked in some place called Martinique...
- And then there's a few more blocked in four countries; North Korea, Syria, Cuba and Iran. Good thing none of those countries have Internet access.
- Series Hiatus: Uploads have been slow in '21, partly because of a waning interest in the channel, and partly because of a copyright strike. More generally, I haven't made a Rough Cuts video since November (as of this writing, on February 22).
- Couch Gag: Because simply saying "This series is owned by Game Freak" isn't enough, I decided to get creative with it. That is, when I remember to add it. Some examples include:
- Friendly Tickle Torture: Shows up a lot, actually. I may have a problem about it.
- Genie in a Bottle: Assuming Jirachi counts as a genie...
- Mascot: I don't really have an official mascot, but I guess you could call Clefairy my unofficial mascot. note
- Meido: Not sure if this is valid, but here's a Clefairy in a maid's dress.
- Quicksand Sucks: Another recurring theme. For example, it's the focus of this and this.
- Riddle for the Ages: Where do those vines come from?
- Self-Deprecation: My bio is full of it, because I don't think I'm good at artisting. Hell, look at the name of this folder!
- Sure, Let's Go with That: In the description for A Well-Oiled Fish:
10/10 idea, I'm pretty sure the oil's not even the right colour, unless it's paint or something... Yeah, it's oil paint now
YMMV, I guess
Here's a rock with a plaid shirt. That's stupid. Everything is stupid.