Wild Goose is one of the more casual lurking tropers on this website, who keeps his head down and instead quietly goes about trimming and grafting examples here and there, a sort of quiet gardener of Tropes.
Usually trawls about the Fanfic Recommendations page, though he normally visits pages of shows he's currently following or may be interested in.
Due to bugs in Fanfiction.net's setup and systems, is known as Wild Goose 01 on that site.
Pages This Troper Has Authored:
- Birds of a Feather
- March to the Future
- Diplomat Kuroda Kousaku
- Take On Helicopters
- Act of Valor
- Naval War: Arctic Circle
- Eagle's Fall
- Spec Ops: The Line
- Girls und Panzer
- The Miracle at Palaven
- Chicago P.D.
- Gundam Build Fighters FF
Finds describing himself in the third person mildly amusing.
Tends to swing wildly between extremes in viewing habits: from 2004 to 2007, he watched only anime from various genres; 07-08 was devoted entirely to Tokusatsu, and since 08 he's been watching more Crime Time Soap and less anime. As of 2012, he's getting back into anime, particularly series that he missed in the last 7 uears.
Has a certain fascination with the profession of arms, which has strongly influenced his reading.
Rarely manages to be the first one to create a tropes page, but has a particular talent for spotting tropes and expanding pages with enthusiasm, so much so that it's joked to be an Inherent Skill.
Tropes Associated with Wild Goose:
- Angst Aversion: Does not care much for True Art Is Angsty.
- Almighty Janitor: Due to everyone more experienced than him leaving, and everyone outranking him not knowing WTF is going on. Is currently writing up a Department SOP that's been in Development Hell for eleven years. Has attempted to transfer to different departments, but is always shot down because he has the Series Bible in his head.
- Berserk Button: Does not get along with fellow Troper Spacebattler Comartemis. To his chagrin, both preferred Birds of a Feather over all of Shadowcell's work.
- Also gets pissed off at suicide bombers, trade unionists, and New Meat who don't ask for help when they're overwhelmed.
- Big Brother Mentor: Tries to be this, but doesn't always work due to his biting sarcasm.
- Actually, recent events in his life have shown that this definitely didn't succeed.
- Creator Breakdown: Suffering from one, which has caused significant Schedule Slip for his main fic project, March to the Future.
- Cool Plane: Likes these. A lot. Hence his love of Ace Combat, Macross and Yukikaze.
- Disease Bleach: His hair began turning white very slowly in his teens, before jumping into overdrive when he started working at Domino's.
- Development Hell: Begun brainstorming for March to the Future in June 2007. As of January 2011, only 4 chapters have been written. Jokes that by the time he's finished, Solid Shark will have completed the Falconverse.
- Incest Yay Shipping: Started shipping Brother/Sister pairings to troll Marimite shippers on the Darkscribes.org forums, now sees Incest Yay in any series. Admits that if he had a little sister he'd probably end up killing her from aggravation.
- Fan Nickname: Often referred to as Goose.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Started playing Skyrim in an attempt to blow off steam and clear his mind in preparation to return to writing. Two months later... he's still playing Skyrim. What the hell was I thinking?
- Only Sane Employee: Is this towards his current job, the sole Domino's Pizza Customer Service Centre... in the world.
- Ooh, Me Accent's Slipping: This happens to this troper on a daily basis, due to learning to speak in England, growing up next to American missionary neighbors, worshiping his Australian Cool Big Sis, and living in Malaysia. This troper can speak with British (RP & Sheffield), American (California & Texas), Australian and Malaysian (Malaysian Malay, Malaysian Chinese, Malaysian Indian) accents, and understand damn near any accent. His colleagues and parents have commented that his accent slips depending on his mood.
- Younger Than They Look: Due to having hair that's almost completely white, he's been assumed to be anything from 30 to 40. In addition, his usual demeanour reinforces the perception of age. He's in his mid 20s.