Describe Unlucky Normalcy CLO here.
A newbie to the forums, but not the internet at large (has accounts on several forums and blogsites). She also lurked around on TV Tropes for nearly three years before throwing her own user account into the fray. Fantasizes about working in the gaming industry, though whether she can manage to pull it off remains to be seen.
This troper provides examples of:
- Adult Child: Assumed to become this later in life.
- Berserk Button: A lot, although that's probably expected.
- Bookworm: It's hereditary. This got to the point where she developed a reputation as a bookworm with people she had never even met at her school.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: Sort of. She's not an idiot and she's certainly lazy, though her grades tend to fall toward average.
- Character Development: When she was very young, she was something of a drama queen and had a big ego. A year or two later, she realized this was getting her nowhere and wallowed in wangst and depression. As a ten year-old. Fortunately, she's bounced back from both extremes and settled for something in the middle (thus the explanation for having many polarizing tropes on this page).
Friend C: Is it just me, or do you seem happier lately?
- Complaining About Shows You Dont Like: Frequently. Some of her friends are irritated, some find it amusing.
- Complaining About Shows You Don't Watch: Views this with distaste and tries to avoid it as much as possible. When you complain, you should do your research.
- Cluster F-Bomb: Has an unfortunate tendency to do this. Has managed to limit this to Precision F Strikes as of late.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Sarcasm Mode: But of course.
- Embarrassing Real Name: She had no problem with the name until she realized it was also the name of a local Japanese steakhouse. Teasing ensued for years.
- Extreme Doormat: Used to be this. Then she discovered the internet...
- FanArt: Loves to look for it and makes some of her own.
- FanFic: Reads it, writes it, and reviews it.
- Gamer Chick: Big time. Most of her female friends are this, too.
- Gratuitous Foreign Language: She thinks Latin is a pretty language. Averted with Japanese, as she's bilingual and only uses it in context with another person who also speaks it fluently.
- Heavy Sleeper: Once slept through a tree crashing against the roof of her house, and did not find out about it until late the next morning.
- Jerkass: Used to be this. Has since gotten better, though she can still be this when she's careless or irritated.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: Views cats to be of a higher value than dogs and simply cannot understand the sentiment of Cats Are Mean. Some of her closer friends like to joke that she will one day become a Crazy Cat Lady.
- Large Ham: When playing video games. Otherwise, she's either a Deadpan Snarker or The Stoic.
- Never Live It Down: That locker incident...
- Official Couple: Generally seems to prefer these. She does appreciate some Fan Preferred Couples, however, as well as certain other ships.
- Overprotective Dad: Averted despite being an only child, though for the most part her father has never had any boys to test his wolfiness on.
- Prim and Proper Bun: Her usual hairstyle, when it's not in a Tomboyish Ponytail. Her father says it makes her look like an Irish woman.
- Running Gag: "We got high on brownies."
- Self-Deprecation: Her default persona. Sometimes overlaps with Values Dissonance, since her mother's native country views this as politeness and her father's doesn't see the point. Resulted in a lot of confusion when she was younger.
- Shipper: In almost every fandom she participates in, which she shamelessly admits.
- Slasher Smile: When she spars at her kempo karate class. She really enjoys it and gets high on the adrenaline, but her partners have repeatedly told her that it freaks them out.
- Sliding Scale of Idealism vs. Cynicism: Used to be a Wide-Eyed Idealist, but has steadily progressed to cynicism with age. The earlier idealism still reappears now and then, though.
- Sliding Scale of Silliness vs. Seriousness: Has been told she lacks a sense of humor and appears to be serious and quiet, although...
- Not So Above It All: She loves to dance and sing at festivals. The extra sugar-dosage might have something to do with it.
- Straight Woman: With her mother and a few of her collegues.
- The Big Guy: The tallest and most broad-shouldered of her group of friends.
Friend S: It's like you guys switch between being the mother and the daughter every other day.
- Cool Big Sis: To her many younger cousins.
- Team Mom: To some of her friends, although she switches between this and Cool Big Sis depending on the situation as well as who she's talking to. Also switches roles with another friend, who she verbally spars with.
- Third-Person Person: Finds it amusing and likes to fool around with it.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The Tomboy to one friend and the The Chick to another.
- Unskilled, but Strong: Has very high physical power, but isn't too good with techniques and has low endurance. She's trying to fix that.
- Why Did It Have To Be Spiders!?
- Younger Than They Look: She's been mistaken for her father's wife. Twice. At the same event. Her friends and parents find it hilarious, while she developed something of a complex.