I'M IN DESPAIR!
But seriously. I already have one thing here, but hell. I forgot the password, so this is now officially my primary.
I am the Moiderah. I murder things. Like good writing. I like to spend time on Spoosebatles, write fanfictions, draw pictures on a website that I hate, and read shitty fanfictions for the sake of mocking them. Because masochism.
Other basic facts most people probably don't/shouldn't give a shit about:
Currently enrolled at a University. Majoring in Arts and Technology, with a specialization in Amination.
Constantly have a headache.
Tropes that apply to this guy. And/or tropes that I like. They're mixed.
- Anti-Hero: I'd probably land here. Also, I like it. Fuck you.
- The Anti-Nihilist
- Anyone Can Die: Well, it applies in real life. When a writer uses it, it truly makes me a happy camper. Because sadism.
- Black Comedy: I love this. So much.
- Cluster F-Bomb: Used without discretion. Be advised. You shitstain.
- Creator Backlash: I often look at things that I made before...and I want to burn them.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Deconstruction: I don't just like how it becomes DORKARE AND EJUR, I like the critique that many deconstructions perform on their peers. It's a commentary on the state of other works that use similar tropes, and more often than not actually shows off how it can't work.
- Jerkass: More often than not. I may come across this way, but I don't view others with contempt. Until they prove themselves to be dense as fuck. Then all bets are off.
- Knight in Sour Armor: I know people can be good...after they've tried everything else.
- Lying Creator: Don't trust my words. Audiences are very easy to manipulate.
- The Malaproper: Yeah...
- The Rant
- Reconstruction: This is a critique of the critique mentioned above. When there is a rebuttal that shows how something can work, I really enjoy it.
- Refuge in Audacity
- Refuge in Vulgarity: Sparingly. If it's overused, it's just obnoxious.
- Sad Clown
- Self-Deprecation: Nobody hates me more than I do.
- Show, Don't Tell: It annoys the fuck out of me when people don't adhere to this simple little fucking rule.
- Suicide as Comedy: Again, pitch-black sense of humor.
- Troll: Not...really. No.
Things that I like.
- Dark Souls: Eagerly awaiting Dark Souls II, Fromsoft. Don't fuck this up.
- Dungeons & Dragons: I like Pathfinder, too, but this started it.
- Hawken: The concept grasped me, and the gameplay sold me. Fuck yes.
- Metal Gear Solid: I'M STIIIIIIIIIIIIILL IN A DREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM SNAKE EATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER.
- My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic: If you call me a brony, I will kill you.
- Neon Genesis Evangelion: A dark deconstruction. Some people don't like it because the protagonist is whiny. He's more or less a giant "fuck you" to every single "badass" protagonist around, and proof that perhaps giving a kid powers is a bad idea. Granted, the same idea was examined in Mazinger Z, but Evangelion focuses a lot more on the characters. And I like that. Hell, I even made a Quest involving the series on SB.
- Portal: Oh, come on. Everyone's a fan of this...except for the people who aren't.
- [PROTOTYPE]: By extension, the sequel is included.
- Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Natch.
- Spacebattles: So, so much.
- Spec Ops: The Line: Holy shit. The story. The story is so good. I love it. Also, White Phosphorous. Seeing a scene like that in a video game, one that makes me feel like a bastard for playing it? Things like that make me appreciate good writing all the more. Especially when that writing is ruthless and cruel. THIS is how you do a Deconstruction Game.
- Warhammer 40K: SPESS MEHREENS IN DEEP SPESS
Things that I fucking hate.
- Call of Duty: Though, not for the usual reasons. I do respect that the game has a nice core. The shooting feels good and the story in Modern Warfare was halfway decent. I mean, holy shit, that nuke scene. But then Activision started milking the fuck out of it. And then...it started getting bland. And then it started stagnating the game industry. It's not the game's fault that this is happening, but so many people want to replicate the success of COWODOODY that it's just...god. I just...hate it. Especially given my major. I mean, if I'm going to be working with video games, I really don't want to work on some kind of goddamn Call of Duty clone. I'd rather make a game that sold terribly, but didn't suck.
- The Conversion Bureau: With a passion. I especially hate Chatoyance's work. And don't pull any of that bullshit about how her writing's good. Because it fucking isn't. My god.
- Fan Dumb: Everyone should hate these.
- Fan Hater: These, too.
- Quick Time Event: Fuck, no. Don't pull a gamer out of the experience. If it's a cutscene, don't try and add "gameplay" by adding stupid split-second reaction bullshit. Incidentally, this is precisely why I hate RE6.
- Hate Dumb: God fucking damn it.
- Hype Aversion: Look, guys. Just because something isn't "OMG TEH BEST THING EVARRR" doesn't mean that it deserves hate. Never listen to mindless praise. Judge for yourself. If you don't like it, fine, but don't avoid a work or hate a work because it doesn't live up to stupid expectations. Most things don't.
- Magica Madoka Veneficus Puella: Oh, my own fic. How I used to love writing thee. How I used to enjoy it. Then I reread you. Orphaned lines everywhere. No sense of scale. A plot that seems to die about halfway through. Characterization that's done so poorly that it makes me want to vomit. I guess that's what rewrites are for.
And, the biggest, oddest one of them all: The incredibly whiny and stupidly incompetent TV Tropes community. No, seriously. This is what happens when you assume that everyone has credibility. Stop trying to pretend that this shit is "kid friendly." Enough with the creeps. Enough with absolutely fucking awful reviews that fail to properly critique a work. Enough of the shitty attempts at being "nice" to people who, frankly, don't fucking deserve it, and enough of the admin bullshit. I'm so fucking sick of this site. I like the concept! Some of the articles are golden! But this shit has got to stop!
Shit that I do.I play vardio gams. I also write fanfictions, like the aforementioned Magica Madoka Venefuck this shit I don't want to goddamn write it anymore.
I'm currently writing for a very large RPG, trying to figure out how the characters would react to every single one of the main characters' moves. Right now, I'm just making the characters. Also, I only have a few college students on the team. Here's to hoping that nothing goes horribly wrong.
There's more, but I'm too lazy to put them up.