Oh boy. Am I really trying to sum myself up with tropes? Am I that bored? Well, here goes.
I cosplay, I travel, and I follow Iron Maiden around. I've seen them a total of 14 times.
My name comes from the final track on Between The Buried And Me's The Great Misdirect album. TROPES THAT APPLY TO ME:
- Adaptation Distillation: I am very tolerant of this under the condition that the story doesn't suffer.
- Adorkable: That seems to be where my life is headed.
- Beat: I seem to do this a lot.
- Beserk Button: A lot of them:
- Being asked the same question twice
- Asking someone a simple question only to get a long, rambling answer.
- People who don't listen.
- People who can't be bothered to read simple instructions.
- Armchair activists.
- NATTER. If I see any, I remove it.
- People who call themselves "Warrior poet" or claim to be badass on this page.
- Cosplay elitists in particular; people thinking that "unless you made your costume, you aren't a real cosplayer" or openly criticizing other cosplayers. Can't we all just get along?
- People thinking that gay men not being Camp Gay/Effeminate means "Internalized homophobia" or being a "self hating gay".
- Black Comedy: My sense of humour in a nutshell.
- Bread, Eggs, Milk, Squick: I casually make these kinds of sentences.
- Catchphrase: "Jesus Christ on a fishstick!!!"
- Couldn't Find a Pen: I can't be trusted with pens. I lose them a lot.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Distracted by the Sexy: I am easily distracted by hot guys. Seriously. Even at work.
- Evil Laugh: I can master these with much ease. My laugh already sounds sinister enough on its own.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: Thanks to the Maiden fanclub, I seem to have a rather alarming amount of British friends.
- Gratuitous Foreign Language: I often swear in foreign languages for no reason.
- Metal Scream: I specialize in these too. I have a very high falsetto range and so when singing metal tunes, I can effortlessly slide into my head voice and slip out one hell of a scream.
- Must Have Caffiene: Not an extreme example, but if there isn't coffee readily available in the early morning on weekdays, then fuck right off.
- Nerd: Believe it.
- Nerds Are Sexy: My philosophy in life. If you can effortlessly quote Doctor Who, then there's one way to my pants- I mean heart...
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: I fucking swear a lot, even in front of kids, motherfuckers.
- Straight Gay: I'm openly gay. But I don't hang around crowds of gay guys, 90% of my friends are straight, I don't obssess over fashion or have emotionally charged freakouts, I can't stand gay bars or clubs and would rather have a nice night with some friends at the pub, and I listen to heavy metal.
- The Klutz: I am ridiculously klutzy. I break glasses with much ease, I trip over objects on a daily basis, I bump into people too easily, and my bouts of Distracted by the Sexy certainly contribute.
Now feel free to vandalize my page below.